PDA

View Full Version : Best Bike Trailer?

mumofboys
02-09-2009, 09:24 AM
With springtime right around the corner (wishful thinking), I'm researching bicycle trailers and am amazed at just how many there are out there. If you have a trailer, can you please let me know which one you bought and what are its best/worst features?

Thanks for all your input!

~K

left210
02-09-2009, 10:58 AM
We have a Burley D'Lite and we love it. I just had it out yesterday. It is so lite that I can lift it by myself to put it in the back of our truck and can hook it up easily to my bike. I took DS8 and our 8 month old out riding yesterday as it was in the 50's here. By the way, we live in the country and have to load our bikes up to go to the park to ride. If you are just going to ride at home you can easily keep it attached to your bike. If you need a bike rack, we recommend the Raxter bike racks. I have never had any other bike trailers to compare for you but do love the one we have.

WatchingThemGrow
02-09-2009, 11:08 AM
All the reviews, including BB, said Burleys rock, so we found a way to get one at a discount. Granted, I've been pg almost every riding season since we've had it, so DH has been the main user. I guess we did get a Topeak seat off CL last year, and DS rode in that. The things we like about the Burley: the NEWest one (not ours) has a seatback that reclines, the 1 or 2 child feature, the no-rust metal IIRC, the non-tipping mechanism, the nice strap padding, the space behind the seats for extra gear, the ease of attachment, the crazy small fold, the flag that comes with it, the bright yellow visibility, the helmet pocket so kids' heads aren't pushed forward when they sit back.

The Ladybug cover (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013KWFI6?smid=A18YFCZ3LD2UEN&tag=nextag-sports-mp-delta-20&linkCode=asn) is the cutest thing EVER, but DH wouldn't do it, even when he's only carrying DD - :(

We had a little difficulty with the first jogging wheel we put on it, but I'm not sure if that is routine or just our luck with that one.

We have friends with the Chariot, and they like it too. My friends with cheaper ones aren't as pleased.

mumofboys
02-09-2009, 05:52 PM
All the reviews, including BB, said Burleys rock, so we found a way to get one at a discount.

hmmm... I would be mighty interested in learning more about how you got that discount. :wink2:

So I have to ask.... is it pretty much like riding around with a parachute open behind you? I know I need to just go for a test ride with one, but I truly value the opinion of those experienced moms out there.

And how much of a pain in the butt is it to attach it to your bike? I would be storing it in the garage but am hoping that I can get out to cycle sans the trailer now and then. Luckily I have a supportive DH who would help me out by coming home early a few times a week.

I think we are probably only going to have the one LO (we already have two teenagers) but I am wondering the the Burley Solo has enough storage room for our LO to keep his stash of stuff (few toys, snack, drink, etc.).

I'm headed to a SkiMarket later this week to listen to the sales pitch and have a little look-see first hand.

Thanks, Mommas, for your help!