PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Storksak Emily...

lmariana
02-09-2009, 12:23 PM
1. can it be worn messenger style?
2. does it hang well from a stroller (single handlebar style)
3. would I regret choosing this over a PPB boxy backpack?

I've had a PPB in the past, and I'm looking for something different, and I'm hoping to love the Emily. Any thoughts?

stinkyfeet
02-10-2009, 04:25 PM
I am a mommy-to-be and just bought the Storksak Emily.

1) Yes, it can be worn messenger style--I like it better than messenger bags tho because it is not as bulky (I am petite). The strap is also adjustable.

2) Yes, it does hang well from a single handled stroller. Mine has been hanging from my Bugaboo Cam since I bought it-- now I just need the baby to arrive!

3) I can't answer this one since my baby isn't born yet, and I don't have any practical expererience :(

HTH!

lmariana
02-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Thank you! That does help a lot. I love the look of the Emily, but I have to wear my bags messenger style too. Otherwise, I just won't use it much...especially while trying to tote a baby at the same time. :)

pastrygirl
02-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Can you try one in person? I found one recently at a baby gear store, and it turns out that the messenger strap is about 3 inches too short for me.

lmariana
02-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately, probably not. I'm down to my last 4 weeks of pregnancy and on bedrest for two of them. :( I'm 5'2"; so I'm a little optimistic about the messenger option. Do you know if the Emily strap longer than the Mothership's strap?

stinkyfeet
02-11-2009, 12:11 AM
I am 5'0" and can wear it messenger style. There are 10 adjustable holes in the strap for a proper fit. On the 8th longest hole where the end of the strap is secured by a nylon loop, the length of the entire strap is about 38 inches (On the 10th longest hole, the strap is too short to be secured by the nylon loop, but the strap is will still "stay put"). At this length, the bottom of the bag hits my lower thigh when worn messenger style. Good luck! :thumbsup: