PDA

View Full Version : favorite "hidden treasures" at WDW

ehmom
02-09-2009, 06:18 PM
what are your favorite things to do/see at wdw that aren't on the map? i remember the character topiaries from when i was a kid. i thought they were so neat. what should i be on the lookout for?
also, what are some favorite souvenirs ? i'm hoping to take a few small things disney from home to surprise the kids with so we won't have to spend tons at the park. any suggestions?
thanks!

kimbe
02-11-2009, 04:11 PM
There is a website somewhere that gives you all the off the beaten path things to see. I will ask DH what it is and then I will edit. There are so many that I just don't have time to type them!

Here is the website that we have used....
http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/gems.shtml

Waking up Tinkerbell in MK was a HUGE letdown!
Magic Kingdom Barbershop is a must.
Around lunchtime at MK, citizen's from Main Street USA are out and about and you can talk to them. We got to meet and chat with the Mayor!
Kids favorites --- looking for treasures in the ground in Adventureland.

hellbennt
02-16-2009, 06:13 PM
someone here (egoldber? someone else?):wavey:
posted about getting a haircut at Mickey's Barbershop
FANTASTIC!:D
ds2 got his first haricut & ds2 'just' got a 'regular' haircut:thumbsup:

AddiesMom
02-22-2009, 05:40 PM
We always do the haircut at the Harmony Barber shop on main street. $14 for kids cuts, if 1st haircut they get mickey ears and a certificate of bravery. You don't even have to do a cut, they will do glitter gel, etc.

There is a story time with Belle near the castle, times are printed in the daily schedule.

There is a tinkerbell shop in MK, the 1st person in can 'wake-up' Tink.

The entertainers at Hollywood Studios are hysterical. You can find them on Hollywood Blvd and the road leading to Tower of Terror.

If you have the Disney Visa there is a special meet and greet at Epcot.

Printed in daily Epcot schedule:
Acrobats in China are AMAZING.
The woman who does the candy art in Japan is really neat.
The comic in France is fun to watch.
People love Off Kilter band in Canada.
England has a special meet and greet with Pooh and his gang.
In Italy people dress up as marble statues and goof with people as they have pictures taken.
Stop at all the Kidcot stations in Epcot
I think they still do build your own robot and you get to take it home (Innoventions East)

Check out allears.net, there is a ton of stuff!

Oh, Michael's has a kids asile where everyting is under $5, they have tons of Disney stuff. I saw lanyards for $1. If you live near Dollar Tree, they have a bunch of glow in the dark stuff. I brought tons of glow bracelets for parades, they even have a wand that glows! Perfect for a princess!

jazzika099
02-23-2009, 03:43 PM
We live in the area and frequent Disney often. The two best places to shop are the Walmart in Kissimee just off of osceola parkway and vineland.

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #2881
1471 East Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, FL 34744
(407) 870-2277

Disney World items are available at the Character Premiere outlet (Prime Outlet Mall in Lake Buena Vista). These stores carry all the overstock items from the park and the merchandise is Authentic. Almost everything in the store is at a huge discount up to 75%. There are few things that are the same price as what they are in the park. This is my favorite place to shop!

There is a second Characer Premiere Outlet at the Outlet mall near Universal Studios. This store being a little bit further away from Disney sometimes has a better selection than the one in Lake Buena Vista.

If you go to the outlet near Universal you can pay $8.00 for a coupon book that gives you discounts for just about every store in the outlet. If you are going to do some shopping then I would suggest spending the $8.00. You will save a lot!

Personally I like this outlet mall better. It's not so crazy and I find that the stores have better merchandise than the Lake Buena Vista one.

For the Disney enthusiast who is looking for memorabilia or is willing to do some clean-up/fix¬up work for 75% off merchandise, go to Mouse Surplus at 1500 Tradeport Drive, not far from Orlando International Airport. They have some interesting things here. Most of it is the used items from the park that have been replaced. You can check out their website at MouseSurplus.com. I see a lot of furniture and larger items but, you never know what you are going to find. You can also search on their site for their current ebay auctions to give you an idea of what they have in stock in the store at that time.