PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movies resort

mdb78
02-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Has anyone stayed at the All Star Movies resort? Honestly, how is it? There were only 2 reviews on AAA, and the reviews were not good at all. How is transportation? Are the buses usually full by the time it gets to us?

We're going on a trip with my brother in law wife's family and they usually stay at this hotel. They like it just because it's cheap. DH and I are a little more high maintenance when it comes to these type of things, but we don't really have the last word since MIL is paying for the room.

Oh, and I heard that with some of the value hotels, you have to request a hairdryer.. Is that true with this hotel? One less thing for me to pack would be great. TIA!

ETA: I also tried checking that other board, disboard, but my computer is acting slow on that board, so I gave up there...

Tondi G
02-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Here ya go! An entire thread on the Disboards on All Star Movies!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=670903

edited to add the video clip from the Disney website http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/myVacation/online/index?id=VPKOResortDisneyValueMenuAllStarPage&x=30&y=6

egoldber
02-10-2009, 08:38 AM
I have not stayed at ASMo, but we have stayed at Pop Century a couple times. Honestly, it is Sarah's favorite resort. Kids usually love the theming. I have found the bus service to Pop to be very good, much better than bus service to the deluxe level resorts.

egoldber
02-10-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't remember if there was a hairdryer at Pop Century or not. The best thing to do is call WDW and ask directly.

TraciG
02-12-2009, 01:20 PM
I stayed there a few time's, it's fine, nothing fancy . The bus's run on time, I had no problem there, but this time we decided to try somewhere else so we're trying Port Orlean's. I don't remember about the blow dryer.

mdb78
02-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Well, they took to long to book it (I've warned them their dates were in the middle of spring break) and now we're not going with them since they could only book a suite in the value category (I think at all-star music) and dh, dd, and I won't fit in the room. We were kind of iffy since it was BIL wife's family, and they (including MIL) expected us to be with them 24/7 the whole time we're there- we like our space. No biggie though... We just paid some big bills and realized we really shouldn't go now.

Thanks for your reviews of the place and the other value resorts.

TraciG, I had friends stay at Port Orleans Riverside and they enjoyed it. Although, I don't remember if that one does not have an elevator or the French Quarter. :)