PDA

View Full Version : Baby Gear Rental: Orlando

pantrygirl
02-10-2009, 07:36 AM
After reading the recommendations here, we've decided to fly to Orlando instead of driving but now we're trying to figure out what gear we really need to bring with us.

So has anyone rented baby gear in Orlando, specifically strollers and possibly car seats? I'm a bit weary of car seats as the stories on this board of sanitary and safety (expired) issues scare me so we may just bit the bullet and bring our Britax Marathon and purchase the GoGoKidz attachment.

I personally don't want to schlep our stroller (P3) as 1) we'll only be in FL visiting family for 3-4 days and 2) I wear our baby most of the time and am comfortable doing so.

Still my husband says that we'll be happy to have the stroller. We don't plan to go to any parks or what not, just visiting family and hanging out at their homes.

So, to compromise, I'm wondering if renting a stroller is a good idea. We could also use this as an opportunity to test drive other types of strollers (jogging, lightweight, etc). Have you used a rental company, if yes, what was your experience? Do you have a company/stroller recommendation?

I'm very concerned with cleanliness and safety.

TIA. :wavey:

egoldber
02-10-2009, 11:34 AM
How old is your baby?

pantrygirl
02-10-2009, 11:52 AM
How old is your baby? She's 7 months old.

egoldber
02-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Did you buy a seat for her on the plane? In which case you must bring a carseat. Even if you didn't buy a seat, you may be able to use it if there is room on the flight.

Has she outgrown the infant seat? I would sue that if I could. And if you bring the carseat, I would bring a stroller. IMO, it just makes it easier to have somewhere to put your stuff.