PDA

View Full Version : wooden stand for children who like to be up to the counter

infomama
02-10-2009, 03:33 PM
I am having a total brain lapse and although I have seen these things in the past (most of the time with kids in chef's hats making something) I can't find them...I am searching for those large wooden enclosed stands that you can let your child stand in more safely than simply having them stand on a chair at the counter. I cant get DD2 off chairs right now and I worry..
Anyone??

WatchingThemGrow
02-10-2009, 03:34 PM
learning tower (more than one DC) or kitchen helper (folding)

LOVE the KH!

infomama
02-10-2009, 03:45 PM
I love the folding one but I can imagine that both DD's will want to be in this. Any idea how much weight the Learning Tower will support?

Found it...they say it has been tested up to 500 lbs!

brittone2
02-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah, the Learning Tower is one seriously constructed piece of furniture LOL. My almost 5 year old and my newly 2 year old are in it together regularly. DS has been using his for almost 4 years now.

We have room to store it, so I never looked in depth at the KH, but that gets great reviews too (although obviously wouldn't work well for 2 DC...at least, I don't think so ;) )

kayte
02-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Don't overlook Craigslist. We got our learning tower used for $50 there. (I did look for about a month or so-- they go QUICKLY--at least here) We got ours when dd was 18 months--she just turned three and there has not been a day in between when we have not used it! It's GREAT!!! So I would have gladly paid full price!!!

infomama
02-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I checked craigslist and Ebay as soon as I settled on the LT. No luck with either BUT Costco is selling the natural and cherry ones with the kit (signs/red curtain for shows) for 179 which is what it seems like they are going for. We could have used it tonight and I think DH is coming around to the same conclusion.

WatchingThemGrow
02-10-2009, 10:04 PM
If you have room, go for it. We don't, but I find that DD is asking to use it every time I'm cooking, which is great. I think the KH would hold 2 DC, but I'm such a rule-follower, I don't know if I will. As soon as DS discovers he can climb into it also, I'm sure he will...

As for CL, you'll have to post a wanted ad or keep a close watch. I think you can get different finishes now if you want one to match your cabinets or whatever.

infomama
02-11-2009, 07:13 AM
Well, after a nights sleep I think we are going to go with the KH. The LT is SO big and I think the KH will suffice. DD1 will just have to pull up a chair ;) and I'm sure she will be fine with that.

mommyof4
02-17-2009, 11:52 PM
I came across this site with more info on the differences between the learning tower and the kitchen helper: www.safetystools.com Hope this helps!

Mikey0709
02-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi! Just saw this post and just wanted to chime in. I actually owned both.... and sold the Kitchen Helper on craigslist. I wish i would have taken pics of both together to show. The LT in my opinion was built SOOO much better...seriously like furniture. The KH to me seemed more flimsy like partical board (ok, not that cheap - but definatley cheaper than the SOLIDY constructed LT). Even though i thought I really wanted it for the folding option - yet i never folded it, and i HATED the "feet" on it for some reason....probably cause i constantly hit my feet while moving it. I'm a big person and i could safely climb the LT with no fear... i also didn't think the size difference was that huge, but the LT is definatley a better option if you have more than 1 child!