PDA

View Full Version : Mac Triumph vs BJCM

Gruffalo
02-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Anyone want to chime in on their preference between these two. Having a hard time deciding. I went to look at these today (didn't actually try them out yet just was passing by). The BJCM is a teensy bit bigger than I thought but I love the sun canopy and the fold. But it is a bit heavier than the MAc. How manueverable is it in real life?

The mac looks nice and light and nifty, but the canopy - anyone have an issue with sun coverage? What about the fold?

I know, I know, I just have to try them but anyone else make this decision?
Thanks.

AnnieW625
02-10-2009, 06:19 PM
I love the fold on my MAC! It's been our main stroller since DD was three months old. We almost opted to replace the MAC with a BJCM, but I didn't get the BJCM was because I liked the fabric on the BJCE more, it was much more plusher (and it was way more $$$), and I didn't really want a second single jogger style stroller to use as my main stroller with #2 as an infant. The following day I took DD to the mall in the Triumph and realized that this type of umbrella stroller was much more friendly than another jogger style stroller.

As far as the sun shade goes it is small, but it's an umbrella stroller and we've never really had an issue with it and you can always pull it all the up and pull it over the handles to extend it a bit (at least on our 2006 model, but I think this works with the 2007+ square shades). We also have put a blanket over the shade and that's given plenty of shade too. I think you can find an aftermarket shade extension too.

The BJCM will have a recline similar to the Quest or the Techno XT/XLR (XLR is the largest MAC on the market and takes a carseat adaptor), which is almost flat so if that's important to you than either one of those strollers might be a better choice. I've always wished I would've bought a Quest or Techno XT only because of the more recline (the Techno series have a full recline, and the Quest has three recline positions, I think), but DD has always done well with the one position recline in the Triumph.

Overall we've been really happy with our Triumph, and are keeping for our second child.

jacksmoma
03-16-2009, 02:59 PM
i've had both the mac and bjcm- the bjcm wins by a landslide! it is like a full-featured stroller vs. a bare umbrella. imo the baby sits way too low in the mac, the seat is much comfier in the bj. go for it!:love-retry:

lorinick
03-16-2009, 03:11 PM
There not in the same family the Mac Triumph is a light weight umbralla stroller and not a great recline. I have the Quest and love it much more recline than the Tri. But also have the City Mini and use them for different things. I do use the Quest more often for all the running around and the fold is easy on both. You need to decide what you're really looking for the stroller to do and your lifestyle.

Gruffalo
03-16-2009, 04:43 PM
I ended up getting the BJCM and love it!

Thanks!

AnnieW625
03-16-2009, 05:02 PM
that's great! We almost bought one too, but then realized it might be a tad redundant since we plan on using the MAC Triumph.

WatchingThemGrow
03-16-2009, 06:24 PM
funny...i just had a post about the doubles of each of these. We're enjoying our bjcmd - a lot. I really do like the one-handedness, the better canopy and the recline.

We love our single triumph, but thought that with a new one on the way (so 3 kids to walk around with), having the ability to push with one hand while holding dd's hand will be great.