PDA

View Full Version : SC Dazzle or Bugaboo BEE?

ahrimie
02-11-2009, 03:10 AM
Call me crazy... I stumbled upon the Bee today and the saleslady was trying to get rid of it because their store is closing and would sell it to me for 40% off--$317 (orig $529 I think).

I currently have the Bugaboo Cameleon and recently bought the SC Dazzle for my vacation trips. The Dazzle is fine but next to my Bug, I definitely notice a huge difference. It's not as tippy as the Maclaren to me.. but it's still tippy and doesn't steer as well as my Bug, obviously since it's not meant to be used like the Bug is. It's also in pink, which I absolutely adore. I travel a fair amount with weddings and going to my parents' in Oklahoma at least a few times a year. The last few months, I've been traveling almost once a month--which is why I bought the Dazzle for those trips.

Would I just be crazy and plain stupid to sell my Dazzle and buy the Bee?? If anyone has the Bee and really loves it, I may consider. The only thing is, my DD doesn't really sit in a stroller much :( Half the time, I have to wear my Ergo and push or carry her with one arm and push with the other hand--which my Dazzle does not really allow.

I told my husband about the deal and he thought if we could sell the Dazzle, then maybe...

Am I just crazy?? Please comment.

edurnemk
02-11-2009, 01:20 PM
At that price, I'd buy the Bee. Wow, I'd love to find a deal like that, I've always wanted a Bee (but DH would kill me if I buy another stroller, especially a $500+ one).
Even if you changed your mind after a while you could probably sell it on CL for the same price you paid (or even make a small profit).

kate2128
02-11-2009, 02:32 PM
I would definitely grab the bee for that price. You could definitely recoup your money if you decided you didn't like it. I'd love to find a deal like that, too!

ahrimie
02-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Wait.. so I'm not crazy??? :P

There's this baby store going out of business here... I just happened to pop in.

ahrimie
02-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Is there a difference with the 2008 and 2009 models? I swear the first one they came out with didn't take the car seat adapter.. am I wrong?

jjjo1112
02-11-2009, 09:40 PM
I have a bugaboo bee and really like it. I had the bugaboo frog which I loved but with all my in and out of the car trips I wanted something with a one piece fold. I have been really happy with everything about the bee. The push is great, fold is easy, I like that it reverses, sun canopy is huge and basket isn't too bad either. For that price you can recoup your money if you don't like it. I think the bugaboo bee is a much better stroller than the dazzle, buy it.

natness
02-12-2009, 01:49 AM
As the previous posters have said, it is an outstanding deal. I have a Bee and I love it; I also got a great deal on it. The thing about the Bee is that the seat is smaller and the weight only goes to 37 pounds. Some folks say their 2 year olds are almost hitting the canopy. My guy is an average 6 month old so we have some time, but it doesn't matter how great the deal is if your child is going to grow out of it really quickly, IMHO. I have seen these for sale on Craigslist for $400 though, so at that price, maybe it doesn't matter!

ahrimie
02-12-2009, 04:02 AM
I BOUGHT IT! It actually ended up being the floor model but still looked brand new and since they were desperate to get rid of it, 50% off!

I've never sold anything on ebay or craigslist so I guess I'll have to learn and hopefully at least sell it for what I paid.

Thanks for the vote of confidence mamas!

natness
02-12-2009, 11:52 AM
:bighand: Congratulations! Take your time learning it, utilize Bugaboo's awesome customer service, and enjoy!