PDA

View Full Version : ISO a good (cheap) pregnancy pillow

nonamestill
02-11-2009, 11:36 AM
If anyone can point me to the right direction please :D I have looked at Leachco Back n Belly, Leachco All Nighter and Todays Mom Cozy Comfort but I have not found anything $50 or under shipped. Would also appreciate any feedback on these 3 and any other recommendations if any. Thank you!

researchedout
02-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I actually found the preg pillows (snoogle, wedge) weren't worth it. I ended up just buying regular old (cheap) oversized pillows and flopping my belly over them.

lovin2shop
02-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Yes, I agree, go with a cheap body pillow from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I splurged on the Big V pregnancy pillow and it was so not worth it. A body pillow was much better and it only cost around $10.

aliciamt7
02-11-2009, 01:16 PM
I got a body pillow too--think I got it from Costco or Sams for like $15--BBB has one too. I also got a small Boppy wedge from Amazon for $15 (I have prime membership so it was free to ship)--that helps under the growing belly to feel comfortable!

musicalgrl
02-11-2009, 02:25 PM
I bought a body pillow at Target and LOVE IT. The pillow was $10 and they sold covers separately - I got a soft, chocolate brown one, also $10. Probably the best $20 I've spent this whole pregancy!

mollys_mommy
02-11-2009, 04:20 PM
another body pillow fan here. just be warned, you may end up buying a 2nd one for your spouse. i had to LOL

WatchingThemGrow
02-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Can't live without my Snoogle. Really. I might enjoy the back and body one, but the Snoogle is my friend, along with a couple little pillows for propping.

aliciamt7
02-11-2009, 05:05 PM
another body pillow fan here. just be warned, you may end up buying a 2nd one for your spouse. i had to LOL

Haha, I catch my DH stealing my body pillow too...so funny!

lovin2shop
02-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Haha, I catch my DH stealing my body pillow too...so funny!

DS stole mine!

charismajc
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
I bought a Snoogle, which I found VERY uncomfortable. I tend to use a flat pillow so this ended up giving me a neck cramp. Not to mention, it was totally a pain when I wanted to switch sides.

I ended up using two extra firm king sized pillows. One on each side of me so I don't have to lug it from one side of me to the other. I tend to switch positions from left to right, right to left, and some more throughout the night. I know this sounds kind of lazy, but hey whatever works. :)

nonamestill
02-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Thank you to all who responded! I think I'll try the body pillow first, since it's the cheapest anyway :)

dukie41181
02-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Wow! Something must be wrong with me...I am currently using a body pillow and if I weren't approaching 40 weeks in a few days I would 100% invest in a different type of pillow! I used the boppy wedge during a pregnancy massage and loved it! Super comfortable.

Good luck finding something perfect for your sleep!

ahrimie
02-12-2009, 04:30 AM
I used regular pillows (about 3 I think) AND my DH as a pillow. I would make him contort his body around mine :P

But those last few weeks, I could only sleep propped up on the couch.

modadan
02-12-2009, 07:53 AM
I have good old Mr Snoogle and he has worked fine. I like that it helps prop my head up higher as this helps my heartburn. Compact enough without taking over the bed TOO much like normal pillows did. Also it stops me rolling onto my back while sleeping. Only complaint is the case seems tight in the curves, but overall it has been great. Would consider adding a wedge too..