PDA

View Full Version : Wth?!

elizabethkott
02-11-2009, 01:25 PM
My college boyfriend, whom I have not spoken to in SEVEN YEARS just contacted me through linkedin.
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Yes, I am a happily married woman in love with my husband with a beautiful little boy, but
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
My heart jumped into my stomach. Granted there was a LOT of unsettled "stuff" from that relationship, but really the last thing I expected to see in my inbox this morning was *his* name attached to an email.
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAH!
Ok. I'm slightly better now.

ILoveLucy
02-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Oh my gosh. I totally understand what a shock that would be!

These days, you never know who from your past might track you down. A person used to be pretty sure these old boyfriends, etc, wouldn't pop up like that. :)

elektra
02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Totally feel ya. I got a similar invite from someone about a month ago. I got a slight flutter as well.

o_mom
02-11-2009, 02:04 PM
I've got a couple of those types.... I would probably freak out if I got an e-mail.

clc053103
02-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I have been found by both my jr and sr prom dates on Facebook! It's funny how you react isn't it! Not that there's anything "there"!

WatchingThemGrow
02-11-2009, 03:58 PM
just delete it. for the sake of your sanity and marriage. just delete it.

kozachka
02-11-2009, 03:59 PM
When I joined LinkedIn the site automatically scanned my address book and offered to e-mail all my contacts to join. I didn't as I knew that most people won't be into it. LinkedIn is more about business networking than socializing IMO. Anyway, just thinking that maybe your ex-BF just e-mailed everyone he knew. Some people proud themselves on having lots of connections.

lizajane
02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
feels like a compliment, doesn't it?! i do love a compliment. :)

MamaMolly
02-11-2009, 05:20 PM
I can't believe I'm gong to be the first one to ask what he had to say. So dish!!!

Cam&Clay
02-11-2009, 07:33 PM
My high school sweetheart looked me up a few years ago. We've been married for almost two years now. It's the best thing that ever happened to me!:heartbeat:

I will add that I was already divorced at the time! He wasn't a homewrecker!

elizabethkott
02-11-2009, 10:37 PM
So he pretty much said,
"Hey you...
how's things? sounds like you've been pretty busy...what's going on back east?"

To which I replied:
Hey yourself... what's it been, like a gagillion years or something?
Things are good. Busy, but winding down after the closing of the high school production this past weekend (thank god).
How are things with you? What's new?
-L

To which he replied:
SO you're all married & stuff, been breeding? What else is going on?? I'm out here in LA still - got a wife & pair of dogs. Got myself laid off 2 weeks ago, so am gonna take the opportunity to try and start my own architectural practice. Timing's everything right? Are you still keeping in touch with anybody else out there?? I'm only in contact with Fitz & Phil (married) really. They're both doing pretty great.

And that's about it!
The whole thing just weirds me out, you know? How RANDOM!

MamaMolly
02-12-2009, 12:50 AM
'been breeding?'
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That has to be the grossest, most crass way of asking if you have kids. I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

Yeah, he wouldn't be hearing from me again. Yuck.

(please disregard this if you are a dog/cat/llama/what-ever-critter breeder by trade, btw!)

gatorsmom
02-12-2009, 04:59 AM
'been breeding?'
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That has to be the grossest, most crass way of asking if you have kids. I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

No, the most disgusting phrase would be, "You been pushing out some puppies?" There are so many ways that could be taken and none of them are complimentary. yuck.