PDA

View Full Version : List of DH vents

niccig
02-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Just a few things that are annoying me lately.

1. Half empty soda cans left around the house. Apparently I'm a nag when I mention them, but then I'm the one that has to scrub the carpet/couch/pillows when DS knocks a can over and soda goes everywhere. There's a convenient sink and trash can in the house you know.

2. Wanting last minute babysitting to do something with kid-less friends. Yes, it would be great if I could also come to the hockey game on Saturday with your old boss, I would love to be sitting in a box, catching up with all your other MSU friends that will be there. But notice on Wednesday for Saturday is short notice. AND by the way, you could call babysitters, or other friends to work out a baby sitter. Why am I the only one to do this?

3. Answer to no. 2. is that you don't/can't use a phone during work. I know you get really busy, but I also know that you manage 3 fantasy sport teams at a time, and you go out to eat lunch at least 3 times a week. That also means you have time to make a phone call!

4. I can be p'oed about something and NOT have it be because my thyroid levels are off. I can have a justified reason to be annoyed.

But I must admit, that because 1-3 are annoying me more than normal lately, DH might be right about no. 4.

kozachka
02-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Hugs :22:. Is there any way you can have a chat with DH whenever he is not too tired or stressed and explain to him that while you might not be feeling 100%, he still can't leave half-empty cans of coke around the house or ask you to find last-minute babysitter? I get frustrated that DH leaves his clothes all over the place but at least I don't have to scrub floors/ carpet/couch as result. And DH has learned to use a phone to arrange for sitter after we/he didn't go out a few times.

TonFirst
02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
I have an easy solution for #1 - stop buying them. Don't bring any drink that comes in a can into your house. You don't have to make an issue of it, just make it a habit to forget to hit the soda aisle when you're at the store.

Seriously - half-empty cans drove my mother crazy when I was growing up. So, we never had them again!

MamaMolly
02-11-2009, 05:11 PM
I have an easy solution for #1 - stop buying them. Don't bring any drink that comes in a can into your house. You don't have to make an issue of it, just make it a habit to forget to hit the soda aisle when you're at the store.

Seriously - half-empty cans drove my mother crazy when I was growing up. So, we never had them again!

:yeahthat: This is such a smart tactic. You can't knock over what isn't there.

niccig
02-11-2009, 05:14 PM

This would work, as another of my vents is that DH rarely goes to the grocery store. If I don't buy it, it doesn't come into the house.

He came home the other day and asked why there was a wad of paper towel on the carpet. I told him it was a 1/2 full can that DS knocked over. I got a very sheepish look and a "sorry". Since then, they've been taken care of. I'll see how long that lasts.

Octobermommy
02-11-2009, 05:23 PM

My mom's solution was to dump them and throw the can away. 5 minutes later we would ask where our coke was and she said she thought it was old and tossed it. I must say we never really got better about it as kids but as adults I don't do it and my dh does it all the time.

misshollygolightly
02-11-2009, 07:56 PM
UGH! I hear you about #1! My DH's problem isn't soda cans (I never buy soft drinks)...it's half-empty cups of fruit juice! DRIVES ME NUTS! He leaves them on the coffee table where our dog jumps up and knocks them over, turning her face and our carpet all fruit-punch red! And even if that doesn't happen, I get so sick of finding cups all over with that nasty little dried ring of colorful juice residue in the bottom!!! GRRR!

DrSally
02-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Ugh, #1 would drive me crazy. Why is it that men think that only wives talk to babysitters. The one time we had one, I had to do something and DH waited for me to be done rather than talk with and pay the sitter. And, yeah, I know about work being sacred time, except if it's something that DH has to do for himself (but NOT something family related).

elizabethkott
02-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Dude, I am SO with you on #4.
Can't we have an "off" day without it being because of our thyroids? Maybe, just MAYBE, we're all sorts of pissy because of something STOOPID *YOU* did, JACK@SS!!!!!
Sigh.
Sometimes I wonder if the world would be better off in the long run if a bunch of us just went off our thyroid meds for a month and let them *really* have it...
:D

ewpmsw
02-25-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm with you on #2! DH is brilliant, but can't problem-solve his way out of a cardboard box when it comes to making plans around our kid. He knew I made plans for Saturday night. He was supposed to watch DD this while I was out but made alternate plans to play board games from noon to midnight at someone else's house. Last night, he asked whether I'd found a sitter. Didn't know I was supposed to! Oooooo. Ticks me off.

niccig
02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Dude, I am SO with you on #4.
Can't we have an "off" day without it being because of our thyroids? Maybe, just MAYBE, we're all sorts of pissy because of something STOOPID *YOU* did, JACK@SS!!!!!
Sigh.
Sometimes I wonder if the world would be better off in the long run if a bunch of us just went off our thyroid meds for a month and let them *really* have it...
:D

DH lived with this for about a year before I was diagnosed. It was not a pretty sight.
But I do think he is right. I picked a fight about potato chips. So I went and had a blood test on Friday, I need to call for the results.

And as for the cans of soda - they were empty but left on the table, and DS put the peas he didn't want to eat in their. Now I just need him to do that, and for DH to drink out of it, to learn to PUT THEM AWAY!

lizajane
02-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Just a few things that are annoying me lately.

1. Half empty soda cans left around the house. Apparently I'm a nag when I mention them, but then I'm the one that has to scrub the carpet/couch/pillows when DS knocks a can over and soda goes everywhere. There's a convenient sink and trash can in the house you know.

i can't believe my own brother is married to you and he didn't even invite me to his wedding. :ROTFLMAO:
this is SOOOOO his M.O.

lizajane
02-25-2009, 05:53 PM
DH lived with this for about a year before I was diagnosed. It was not a pretty sight.

four years, my friend. four years undiagnosed. so now, DH just thinks i am CRAZY and does NOT blame the thyroid... i would prefer he blame my thyroid, which IS THE PROBLEM, and not say "i am wooooooried about you" like i belong in the mental hospital!!

hellokitty
02-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Lol, maybe you should start pouring his pop into baby bottles or sippy cups, so they are non-spill. Maybe he will get the message then!

niccig
02-25-2009, 08:30 PM
four years, my friend. four years undiagnosed. so now, DH just thinks i am CRAZY and does NOT blame the thyroid... i would prefer he blame my thyroid, which IS THE PROBLEM, and not say "i am wooooooried about you" like i belong in the mental hospital!!

A friend of DH's from college was in town, so all the college friends got together for dinner. 4 guys including my DH were sitting at the table talking about their wives who all have hypothyroidism. One guy said that after birth of 3rd child he really thought his wife was insane. DH was sharing my craziest moments. It was like one big bonding session, sharing war stories from the hypothyroid battlefield.

I think it helped one friend whose his wife has just been diagnosed to see that his wife isn't the only one, it is a medical problem and with treatment and regular check ups, life gets better. But that you have to be patient sometimes, it takes 3-4 weeks for any change in medicine to really kick in.

niccig
02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Lol, maybe you should start pouring his pop into baby bottles or sippy cups, so they are non-spill. Maybe he will get the message then!

I love this. I think I'm going to do it. It'll also stop DS putting his left over peas into the empty can of soda!

niccig
02-25-2009, 08:35 PM
four years, my friend. four years undiagnosed.

Oh man. I feel for you. I kind of got lucky in that the nodule on my thyroid got big enough to cause complications, and that sent me off searching for a surgeon to do a thyroidectomy. He was the one that diagnosed me as hypothryoid, despite being under the care of an endo. for the previous 3 years. I asked the surgeon which endo. he would go to, and ever since then I've been getting the treatment I need.