PDA

View Full Version : Eff bronchitis. Eff losing my voice. Eff fevers that attack my kids.

lizajane
02-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Eff Eff Eff Eff Eff.

and now i am better.

wondering what i am doing today in this lovely 72 degree, breezy NC weather? NOTHING. sitting in my house with a sick kid feeling lousy 'cause i am on day two of my z-pack and only just today got my voice back, even though it is still rather hoarse.

and i got yelled at by my mom friends when i walked onto the playground today to get dylan. i had a friend bring him outside after school so i didn't have to take schuyler in the building AND i waited half an hour so most of the kids would be gone so i could let schuyler spend a few minutes outside. since he was running circles around the house after the advil knocked out his fever. but my mom pals freaked and literally came RUNNING and YELLING after me for letting my kid touch the monkey bars. i mean, i understand being concerned about exposure. but running and yelling? in front of the whole playground? after 4 moms just said they thought it was ok to be outside, as long as he didn't touch anyone? he is almost 6. it isn't like he wipes his snot on toys and puts stuff in his mouth. and he ONLY had a fever. no green snot, no throwing up, no poop, no sore throat, no cough...

he probably has menengitis, just so the moms can all yell at me some more when they find out after i go to the ped with him today to rule out ear infection.

MamaMolly
02-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Liza, I'm sincerely hoping that the Valium fairy comes to sprinkle some of her magic dust on your friend's Wheaties. Good heavens! I think from now on I'd keep mum about my DC's sniffles IIWY. Tell them you are all on antibiotics and to chill out.

lizajane
02-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Liza, I'm sincerely hoping that the Valium fairy comes to sprinkle some of her magic dust on your friend's Wheaties. Good heavens! I think from now on I'd keep mum about my DC's sniffles IIWY. Tell them you are all on antibiotics and to chill out.

ha ha ha!!

turns out, he has a SINUS infection. not even his nasal sinuses. the ones behind his eyes in the middle of his head. he doesn't even really have a runny nose!!! he is NOT contagious!!! i actually emailed my friends to let them know that they could rest easy, he was not contagious and definitely does not have the flu or strep (he had a flu test) and that he WILL be with me tomorrow ON antibiotics (for nearly 24 hours, 2 doses) because he won't feel up to going to school.

i was VERY polite. VERY. friendly, even.

the one friend is a germophobe. we tease her. but the other friend? she was really rude.

MartiesMom2B
02-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Isn't it funny how you post this when there is a post six topics down about keeping your sick kids at home? I'm sorry that you got yelled at. That's no fun. I'm glad you got your voice back and that K brought you some tylenol. :)