PDA

View Full Version : I'm hungry.

gatorsmom
02-12-2009, 05:01 AM
I hate dieting. And I only get hungry at night, which is fine because I can sleep through it. But here I am at nearly 3am fixing someone else's mistake (stupid nanny). So, I"m hungry and tired.

There. I feel better and I"m going to bed.

sste
02-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Protein - - protein is very filling. Try to includes nuts, chicken or fish (even a little cheese) in your late-night snack or dinner.

Also, lots of water - - try sparkling water for a treat.

If nothing else works, exercise (except for swimming for me at least) usually cuts my appetite.

zephyr
02-12-2009, 07:10 PM
I have been drinking lots of fruit flavored teas, like 4-5 cups throughout the day and that seems to help with my hunger and snacking. HTH. Being a SAHM makes it harder, IMO. When I worked full time it was a lot easier to ignore the hunger and focus on work, for me.

DrSally
02-12-2009, 11:03 PM
I know I need to lose weight, but I just can't bring myself to diet. I don't know how you can do it with all that you have going on. My meals are so erratic (for myself) that when I do get a chance to eat, I scarf down a lot b/c I don't know when the next time will be! I know it's bad, but I can't imagine going through my day with having to think about limiting calories as well. So, hats off to you for working on weight management!

gatorsmom
02-13-2009, 01:14 AM
I know I need to lose weight, but I just can't bring myself to diet. I don't know how you can do it with all that you have going on. My meals are so erratic (for myself) that when I do get a chance to eat, I scarf down a lot b/c I don't know when the next time will be! I know it's bad, but I can't imagine going through my day with having to think about limiting calories as well. So, hats off to you for working on weight management!

I get hungry at night. During the day I"m ok. When you get hungrey enough, you find time to eat, TRUST ME. But at night I get hungry. And usually that's ok because I just go to sleep, but when I have some unfinished work I need to do, it's REALLY HARD not to snack. And ooh, I get grumpy. Like right now. again. I think I'm just going to bed.