PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a changing pad (for diaper bag)

nonamestill
02-12-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm looking for one that is adequately padded. The ones I have included in the diaper bags don't seem to be padded at all and I think they're very small. Are those functional? Or do I have to toss those and pack something else? Also, I'm curious as to Ju Ju Be's changing pads. Are they thicker than those in Fleurville bags?

bubbaray
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
I have had countless diaper bags over the years and never used the padded ones. I always use disposables.

Melaine
02-12-2009, 04:38 PM
I liked the thick ones that fold up like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-50337-Rainforest-Portable-Changer/dp/B001DF4OQW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1234471054&sr=8-1
But it started to take up too much room (or all the rest of my stuff did!). But I really like the bigger ones to cover more space in nasty public restrooms.

ang79
02-12-2009, 05:51 PM
I have an extra large one that folds up and is more padded than my fleurville one. It also has two zippered pockets in it to stash dipes and wipes. I've never used it though, as I tend to overpack my bags and don't have room for it, so I'd sell it to you for $8 shipped if you are interested. PM me w/ your email and I can send a pic and dimensions.

Angie

ahrimie
02-12-2009, 11:02 PM
I have a JJ Cole one that is the shape of an oval. It's really big, which I like but not padded much. It folds up into itself and has a little zipperd pocket and an open pocket I put my wipes case in.

http://www.montkid.com/cgi-bin/montkid/jj_cole_changing_pad

GraceH
02-15-2009, 03:33 AM
I second the Fisher Price Portable Changer -- although mine is the blue one with the hard wipes case -- I've been using it for almost 16 months now and love it - folds compactly - easy to wipe down - has storage in flaps (although I only use the wipes case, diapers are in my bag) - is slightly padded for comfort
(only minor problem is that the closure is velcro, so it sticks to the floor slightly on certain fuzzy carpets)

Lindymagoo
02-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Personally, I love the pads on the Lands End bags.......they are larger than most, have decent padding, fold up pretty compactly, and have zippers with areas for storage for a few things. I use them on my JJB bags. While I love the JJB bags, the changing pads are on the small side. You might find a cheap Lands End bag on ebay. I have bought the bags just to get the changing pads!

vonfirmath
02-16-2009, 11:09 AM
I have discovered I end up removing the changing pad from most bags because they take up too much space. For padding, I use a receiving blanket. Then I put a flat thin changing pad on top and it all stuffs better into my diaper bag after the face (and the receiving blanket has served other purposes on occasion as well)

I VERY rarely need a changing pad when out so I hate having it take too much room. And my baby, at least, doesn't seem to need much padding. Just something to keep him off the dirty floor/protect the floor if he pees, etc.

aajamu
02-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Personally, I love the pads on the Lands End bags.......they are larger than most, have decent padding, fold up pretty compactly, and have zippers with areas for storage for a few things. I use them on my JJB bags. While I love the JJB bags, the changing pads are on the small side. You might find a cheap Lands End bag on ebay. I have bought the bags just to get the changing pads!

Second this. I'm sure you could also call Land's End and see if they have any spare pads to sell you. The Little Tripper changing pad is 24 inches long (big enough until around 15 months or so) and the Do It All pad is 30 inches. They fold up compact. You can fit the Little Tripper sized one in a JJB Between or BeSmall.

I also like Patemm pads, though they are BULKY. I keep one in the car for travel since I hate lugging the big thing in my diaper bag.