PDA

View Full Version : Strollers Strollers and more Strollers

GRandPsMommy
02-14-2009, 11:50 AM
I am taking my 2 year old DD to Disneyland in a couple of weeks and looking to ditch my graco qutro tour it is to big and bulky and I hate it so much...I have been looking around for lighter weight strollers and I just don't know what rout to go. I am undesided between....

My top two so far are

The Baby Jogger City Mini
Jovvy Groove

Others I have looked at

Uppababy G-luxe
Babyplanet
Zooper Twist
Maclearen Quest

I am wanting something that will be comfortable for her but also easy on me to steer and what not. A reclining seat and good shade and basket space also would be nice...Any suggestions would be great...I live in San Diego and not sure where most of these are sold so I am unable to try them out...

salsah
02-14-2009, 06:47 PM
definitely the bjcm.

PeppyParents
02-15-2009, 02:11 AM
Hi,

Of everything, you listed, I agree that the City Mini sounds like the best choice. It has great handling, nice big reclining seat, and great sun canopy. The basket isn't anything to write home about, but no compact-ish stroller will have a big basket.

The Zooper Twist also has a good sunshade and comfortable seat, but they are hard to find, since Zooper stopped shipping them in June 2008 and isn't expecting more until March 2009 at the earliest.

You may also want to spring for the parent console on the City Mini, which has a cupholder and a couple storage pockets. And maybe also the child tray for your daughter, which snaps right in.

The G-Luxe, Maclaren, Baby Planet all have typical sun canopies found on umbrella strollers... adequate if the sun is directly overhead.

Another consideration may be the Valco Latitude, which is a bit more expensive than the ones above. Its advantage is a bigger basket and adjustable handlebar. But it definitely doesn't fold as easily as the City Mini.

Hope that helps!

IDcam
02-15-2009, 02:20 AM
USA Baby on Miramar Road definitely has the BJCM and Maclaren Quest. Not sure about the other ones though. Here's their number (858) 578-3334. They're open tomorrow (Sunday) from 12-5pm. Can you tell I go there all the time?? :)

meme9300
02-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Your best bet might be to rent the stroller at disney. I hear those strollers are GREAT!! Plus, with all the places you have to leave the stroller I would be worried about it getting stolen. My friend had her brand new Quest stolen at Disney.

strollerqueen
02-17-2009, 05:10 AM
Ugh, sorry about your friend, that's terrible! What did Disney say about it?

AnnieW625
02-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Disneyland rents Baby Jogger brand strollers, the Q Series I think.

I heart Maclaren and it's a great stroller for Disneyland. We have the Triumph and love it for theme parks. DD will even sleep in hers. The BJCM is nice too, but the Triumph is smaller and very easy to manuever. The only slight downside is that the MACs are tippy, but I think lots of light umbrella style strollers are. I don't think you could wrong with either the BJCM or the Quest. We also travel with our MAC lots and have never felt like it's taken up too much room.

Also, the Quattro Tour or Duoglider (any model made from about the mid 90s) is about the most popular stroller at Disneyland.