PDA

View Full Version : Where did you go, Max and Ruby?!?!

tarynsmum
02-15-2009, 12:58 PM
OMG.

So we just switched from cable to dish network, and I'm trying to build my DVR back up with DD's shows (I know it sounds crazy; our old DVR box had ~15 Max and Rubys and over 40 episodes of Peep and the Big Wide World...)

WHERE THE HECK IS MAX AND RUBY?!?!?! It doesn't show up in our guide as far as I can go (about 2 weeks). DD is freaking out. I'm freaking out. It's the only way I can get ANYTHING done without her literally hanging on me. 17 minutes of heaven, that Max and Ruby is.

I'm going to go preggo-hormone crazy on some Nick Jr./Noggin come Monday...

amandabea
02-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Noggin 3:30pm M-F for us (Time-Warner cable).

KrystalS
02-15-2009, 02:38 PM
My mom has dish network and when Noggin became a 24 hr channel dish network didn't make the switch. Noggin is only on until 4pm central time and then becomes The N. So when they did this a lot of the programming changed.

cmo
02-15-2009, 04:51 PM
I just noticed on our Tivo program guide that Max & Ruby was no longer on Nick. We still get it on Noggin, so I hope you can find it there!

pinkmomagain
02-15-2009, 11:26 PM
There's always DVDs. We luv Max & Ruby at our house.

hellokitty1
02-16-2009, 04:15 PM
OMG.

So we just switched from cable to dish network, and I'm trying to build my DVR back up with DD's shows (I know it sounds crazy; our old DVR box had ~15 Max and Rubys and over 40 episodes of Peep and the Big Wide World...)

We have Dish as well and no Max and Ruby on the Search function. Sorry. But the DVDs are great. DD is almost six and STILL loves watching them.

tarynsmum
02-18-2009, 06:23 PM
My mom has dish network and when Noggin became a 24 hr channel dish network didn't make the switch. Noggin is only on until 4pm central time and then becomes The N. So when they did this a lot of the programming changed.

Umm, who can I call and freak out on? Because I am, let me tell you. It's not like I didn't check beforehand - DH and I pored over the 'channel offerings' to pick the right tier of programming, making sure that we got the tier that had Noggin - which says it has - NOT this crappy "noggin/the n" business. My 3 year old really doesn't want to watch iCarly. I promise.

On the plus side, DD has found "charlie and lola", which I actually enjoy a whole lot, so I have that on series record. Not that it matters, because she only wants to watch the "scary story" episode from this morning over and over and over and over... but it's better than Valentine's day max and ruby...

KrystalS
02-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Oh trust me I freaked out on them when this happened. The Noggin/N switch was made during the holidays last year while we were staying with my mom and there was a Franklin movie on that DD had been waiting weeks to see. The movie came on for about 30 mins and then Noggin switched over to The N. No warning, nothing, DD was very upset. I called dish network and told them how ridiculous it was that they could make the choice to not have 24 hour Noggin. They are the only satellite/cable company that did this.
We have Comcast so we have several cartoon channels that aren't offered on Dish network. So when we visit family DD doesn't understand why she can't watch certain shows. I don't understand why all the companies can't just offer all the channels, I mean obviously people would be willing to pay extra for certain channels.

hellokitty1
02-19-2009, 11:59 AM
It's no help but just so you know, Dish has had the Noggin/N combination since at least 2003. We've had Dish since '99 and they've always cut out at 6pm so it's not a new change.

We never really minded bc it's not like we were watching after 6pm. We've always had this "informal" rule that it is adult tv after 6pm. :) And it helps us ensure that tv watching stops by 6pm.

On the positive side, in 2008 Noggin and Nickelodeon merged (or something like that) so there are actually a lot of new Noggin shows from Nick and vice versa. It also feels like Noggin has grown with my child since 2003. When she was an infant and toddler, there were a lot of toddler-focused shows like Maisy, Tiny Planets etc. I've noticed that the shows that have transitionted to older kids like Franklin and Little Bill. And then Nick has more toddler programming.

ohiomom1121
02-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Have you checked your library? We check out DVDs all the time so we constantly have new shows to watch.

sidmand
02-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Don't know if you're still looking for Max and Ruby but I have DISH and it's actually on right now, so 3:30 on NICKW. It says it should be "Go, Diego, Go!" but it's actually Max and Ruby (or as DH calls it, Crap and Ruby...can you tell he's not a big fan?). I've found that lately it often says something different than what is actually on, particularly on the shows we're trying to tape for DS because we're also trying to repopulate our DVR after changing it over!

jerigirl
02-24-2009, 01:32 PM
It is on right now too! It also says Go Diego Go but Max and Ruby is showing. 1130 CST on Nick.

tarynsmum
02-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Don't know if you're still looking for Max and Ruby but I have DISH and it's actually on right now, so 3:30 on NICKW. It says it should be "Go, Diego, Go!" but it's actually Max and Ruby (or as DH calls it, Crap and Ruby...can you tell he's not a big fan?). I've found that lately it often says something different than what is actually on, particularly on the shows we're trying to tape for DS because we're also trying to repopulate our DVR after changing it over!

Ha! We stumbled across this too - I immediately jumped up (yup, giant preggo woman jumped up...) and RAN for the TV remote to push the record button. DD was napping at the time, and I just about had a fit.

She's getting more into Charlie and Lola now, which I find more pleasurable by the moment (especially since my kid now has an affected british accent :rolleyes:)