PDA

View Full Version : Help! BOB has a flat

army_mom
02-15-2009, 06:29 PM
How do I fix the flat? I think I ran over a thorn and I can hear the air escaping. I tried to pry the tire out but it doesn't look like the typical bike tire with tube underneath and I don't want to hurt the BOB!

Anyone ever fixed a flat tire? We have the Revolution.

TIA for any suggestions/advice!

bubbaray
02-15-2009, 06:45 PM
The BOBs have air tires with tubes, like a Mtn bike. You need to let air out of the tire, deflate the tube, use tire levers and remove the tube. Remove the tire too and make sure there is no thorn left sticking through (or you will puncture again). Personally, I don't bother patching tubes == they are cheap. But, you can patch if you want, just go to a bike store and get a patch kit. If you have the large rear wheel BOB, it is a 16" tube. The front tire and the small rear-wheel BOBs (on some of the Revolution models) are 12" tubes. You should have spares of each, plus a small pump hand pump and tire levers in the stroller so you can fix it on the go. If you are at home to fix the flat, a floor/foot pump or air compressor is faster than a hand pump.

If all else fails, a bike store can fix it for you.

pb&j
02-15-2009, 11:29 PM
Took mine to a bike store and got the tube replaced for under $10. ETA: I just took the wheel, not the whole stroller.

Bubbaray has good advice about carrying spare parts. Me, I just carry my cell phone. :D

army_mom
02-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the advice. I headed over to wal-mart and stocked up on extra tubes as it would be my luck that they would be out when I needed one next. Then I realized I didn't know how to take the tire off so I headed to the local bike store and they showed me how. THen I headed home and changed the tire and off we went!