PDA

View Full Version : Peg Aria Twin 60/40 vs. Baby Jogger City Mini Double?

eaglecow
02-15-2009, 10:16 PM
I have a 2.5 yr old and a 6 month old. I bought the Peg Aria Twin 60/40 because we had the Peg Primo Viaggio car seat and I thought that snapping it in would be an important feature. And it was, but I find it hard to push / steer on neighborhood walks. It's lightweight and easy to fold, which is great, but now that #2 is just about done with the infant seat, the "snap-ability" is not really an issue. I've been thinking about getting the BJCMD. I've read rave reviews, but no one carries it around here to go see it in person. Does anyone know how it compares to the Peg Aria Twin 60/40? Do you think there's a significant difference to make it worth buying another double (and hopefully sell the Aria?) Thanks!

tmarie
02-17-2009, 12:07 AM
I bought a new BJCMD last year. My dd#1 had just turned 3yo and we were expecting baby#2. I LOVE this stroller. My only regret is that I spent so much on it and have barely used it...once dd#2 was ready for more outings, the weather was cold and dd#1 was in preschool, so I didn't have much use for a double. I was concerned it would be bulky to deal with...but it has been a dream. I looked at the Aria Twin as well (we had the Peg car seat too) and was concerned that it wasn't sturdy enough and wouldn't be comfty enough for my 3yo. My 3yo LOVED the BJCMD, (especially playing with the hood!) even though she pretty much hated strollers at this point. I took the BJCMD on two plane trips and it was fabulous. So easy to steer, makes it through aisles with surprising ease.

HTH!
tmarie

salsah
02-17-2009, 12:24 AM
definitely get the bjcmd. i had an aria double and replaced it w/ the bjcmd when it came out (it wasn't available when i bought my aria). i love the bjcmd!