PDA

View Full Version : Which Disney Hotel for toddlers?

WatchingThemGrow
02-15-2009, 10:54 PM
We're considering a night or two at a Disney hotel when we're in the area. With our kids' ages and my pg, we don't really want to go to the parks this year. We'll have plenty of opportunities to go later. I thought a little time in downtown Disney along with some pool time, playing at the resort, naps, etc would be a nice mini-vacation.

Are they any properties that are exceptionally toddler-friendly? I found a super cheap educator discount for the Swan/Dolphin properties. My mom would qualify for that, so a low, low price would be great. Just not sure about those properties.

The grandparents are interested in coming along, so I'm not really sure what kind of room configuration would be best (1 or 2) or which hotel.

Any recommendations?

Momof3Labs
02-16-2009, 12:03 AM
The Swan/Dolphin is great - if you are visiting parks. It is walking distance to MGM and Epcot. If you aren't doing parks, it's okay as you can walk around the lagoon, visit the Boardwalk, etc., but the theming of the hotel itself is, well, "hotel".

In your situation, I would personally stay in a savannah view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge. You'd have animals in clear view of your balcony all day and night. The theming of the resort is spectacular. There are plenty of kids' activities all day long, and a wonderful pool for kids (with a zero depth entry section, a slide, etc.). Boma is a fun buffet dinner if you are somewhat adventurous with eating.

If the grandparents come along, they would need their own hotel room since the max capacity of a regular room is four people + one child under age 3 (and believe me, that room would be PACKED with 4 people + 1 infant - these are not big rooms). Or you could spend a small fortune on a 2 bedroom villa, but if your budget is that high, I'd just do two separate regular rooms and splurge on 1-day park tickets.

egoldber
02-16-2009, 07:49 AM
I agree that in your case AK Lodge or perhaps Wilderness Lodge. These are the two least expensive deluxes, but still with a lot of the theming.

But I don't the Swan/Dolphin would be a bad choice. The hotel itself is just hotel, but it's an easy/fun walk to the other WDW hotels in the Boardwalk area (Boardwalk/Yacht Club/Beach Club) and you could take advantage of the many restuarants and live entertainment on the Boardwalk.