PDA

View Full Version : Essential supplies for changing table?

jenfromnj
02-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Our son's furniture was delivered today, and I am in the process of setting up his dresser to use as a changing station. We have diapers stored in the top drawer, and a basket which so far only contains wipes and diaper cream. Please tell me what 'must haves' you keep in your changing area--thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
02-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Changing pad, cover for changing pad, some cloth diapers to lay down under baby so you can just wash that vs the whole cover if there is any mess, cloth diaper or washcloth to put over ds in case he starts to pee as soon as you remove the diaper. Otherwise wipes, some diaper cream (rarely used in my case) and diapers.

Beth

rgavelis
02-16-2009, 11:50 PM
You won't need this right away but a couple of toys to help distract your baby while you change them. My son has recently started protesting the second he's on the changing table. I keep a few small books or toys near the table to grab when he starts to fuss and it has helped out a lot.

ahrimie
02-17-2009, 10:41 AM
You only need diapers, wipes, and cream (if you use at all). But later on, my diaper changing area (on the floor with a diaper caddy) just became a place where I threw everything from sunblock, face cream, nail clippers and other hygenic things. Oh, and toys too since they start movin' around.

Neatfreak
02-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Changing pad, cover for changing pad, some cloth diapers to lay down under baby so you can just wash that vs the whole cover if there is any mess, cloth diaper or washcloth to put over ds in case he starts to pee as soon as you remove the diaper. Otherwise wipes, some diaper cream (rarely used in my case) and diapers.

Beth

I second this entire post - it's exactly what I have at my changing table!

ljackson
02-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Hand sanitizer if you plan to use it.

SnuggleBuggles
02-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Hand sanitizer if you plan to use it.

Careful with that as baby gets older as it is very dangerous if they get it. They can be darned quick putting things in their mouth.

Beth

jenfromnj
02-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the ideas and suggestions! I am determined to finish off the nursery this weekend, my due date is a month from tomorrow.

AJP
02-20-2009, 10:26 PM
How about the thermomitor if you plan to use a rectal one?