PDA

View Full Version : Calorie counting software

KBecks
02-17-2009, 10:02 AM
My husband is having good success with a calorie counting software called Diet Power. It's basic tracking of food and exercise. I tried it a couple years ago and it takes into account breastfeeding and I'm not sure about pregnancy. The interface is kind of old, but it's a good program with a free trial period. It's PC only. I'm checking out a similar Mac program w/ free trial for my use on my laptop called Diet Controller, I don't see a breastfeeding toggle though.

Oh, now I see one online that looks interesting. My Food Diary.com It's $9 a month though, so what's that, $108 a year, spendy. They have an online community though, I like those!

elephantmeg
02-17-2009, 03:30 PM
have you looked at sparkpeople.com or thedailyplate.com ? They are free, have community. Although do not take into account breastfeeding. I just add calories for it

MartiesMom2B
03-22-2009, 04:00 PM
I really like fitday.com.

TaChapm
04-01-2009, 10:33 PM
I really like fitday.com.

I just went to fitday.com and entered walking pushing a stroller at a pace of 4 miles in an hour. It said I burned 162 calories which I know isn't right. My nike fit shows 430 calories not counting pushing a stroller. Wonder what's wrong with the software?