PDA

View Full Version : Fortunoff is no longer taking GCs--vent and FYI!

jenfromnj
02-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Just found out from a friend that Fortunoff is not accepting gift cards as of today. Now I am annoyed at myself for saving up those GCs to make one big purchase, and for not being 'in the loop' about their pending bankruptcy/ceasing of operations due to third-trimester living in a bubble! The rep I spoke to confirmed that this was true, but also mentioned some sort of class action lawsuit. It's so strange, I was just at the mall last weekend and nothing was even on sale, and things seemed to be operating as usual--I guess you never know these days!

citymama
02-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Fortunoff is liquidating/closing down, so use any store credit etc ASAP!

jenfromnj
02-17-2009, 04:33 PM
They are no longer accepting store credit or gift cards, as of today apparently. I spoke to a customer service rep at Fortunoff to confirm this.

clb
02-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Wow. I didn't know this either.
I would be ticked too.

pinkmomagain
02-17-2009, 09:47 PM
The whole thing is so sad. It's a great store. I worked there when I was a teenager. I'll be really sorry to see it go. I'd be pissed, though, too if I couldn't use GCs.

jenfromnj
02-17-2009, 11:40 PM
I agree, it's a great store. One of my closest friends is registered there for her upcoming wedding in May, she is trying to figure out what to do because many of the items aren't really available elsewhere and her registry is about halfway purchased. It's scary how many really well-established and popular stores are in this position.