PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Playset Thread

o_mom
02-17-2009, 03:03 PM
So, who all is looking for a playset this year?

I thought we could have one thread to discuss all the different options!

o_mom
02-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Costco today had the Rainbow All American Double Decker for $1299.99.

This one (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11337766&search=rainbow&Mo=1&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=rainbow&Ntt=rainbow&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1):
http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/383054.jpg

o_mom
02-17-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't see one up on Sam's Club website yet. They had one for $1299.99 as well. All I wrote down was "Sky Fort", so I'm not sure exactly which one it was. I believe it was made from redwood. If anyone sees it and can get details, please share! :)

ETA: Here it is! http://www.by-leisure.com/p-57-sky-fort.aspx
ETA2: It is on the Sam's Club website now - price is more on the website, but it was $1299.99 instore: http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=425046

http://www.by-leisure.com/images/Product/medium/57.jpg

o_mom
02-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Anyone done a build your own kit?

The local home improvement store carries PlayStar kits:

http://www.playstarinc.com/

I haven't looked at HD or Lowes yet, but I know they also carry similar kits. I know my dad could build one along with DH, so it's not a huge deal to have to cut everything. I'm just not sure if it will save much. The guy at the store recommneded doing a cut your own vs. a pre-cut if possible because he said they don't use as thick of lumber in the pre-cut ones. Anyone know if this is true?

ETA: Looks like this is what HD carries for the build your own kit: http://www.swing-n-slide.com/timberbilt/playsets_custom.htm

maylips
02-17-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm wondering the same thing about the do-it-yourself kits. We found this one online:

http://www.detailedplay.com/Playsets.htm#top

My parents are coming out for DD's second birthday and that's a great project to keep my dad busy for a week. But does it really save money? Is it better to have control over the wood you purchase this way?

Would love to hear real-life experiences...

o_mom
02-17-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm wondering the same thing about the do-it-yourself kits. We found this one online:

http://www.detailedplay.com/Playsets.htm#top

My parents are coming out for DD's second birthday and that's a great project to keep my dad busy for a week. But does it really save money? Is it better to have control over the wood you purchase this way?

Would love to hear real-life experiences...

That's one I hadn't seen! I'll have to look at these.

I did help a relative build a set 5-ish years ago. It took three people a full weekend to build it and it wasn't anything complicated. A single tower with ladder/rockwall/slide and three swings. I would plan a week for my Dad - 3-4 days of cutting and prework and a couple days of him and DH putting it together.

I really want cedar if possible, so that is swaying me toward building. I don't like the idea of treated lumber.

Does anyone have cedar? What is the upkeep like?

maylips
02-17-2009, 10:17 PM
I talked to my dad about helping us build one last night and he recommended pricing out treated pine over cedar - not really sure why, though. I think pine is stronger than cedar? Disclaimer, though: he is not well versed on general children's safety and has subtly indicated more than once that car seats are not completely necessary. :)

DrSally
02-18-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm looking. I've just started thinking about it, so haven't done much research. Thinking about the one from Costco. Also have seen one in the TRU ad, but it seems to good to be true for what they're offering (maybe it's junky). So my question is, if Rainbow and Cedarworks are the big brands, what is relatively comparable in quality but lower in price?

ETA: Thank you for the pictures O mom, those look so nice!

DrSally
02-18-2009, 10:29 AM
I talked to my dad about helping us build one last night and he recommended pricing out treated pine over cedar - not really sure why, though. I think pine is stronger than cedar? Disclaimer, though: he is not well versed on general children's safety and has subtly indicated more than once that car seats are not completely necessary. :)

I thought pine was a pretty soft wood. Not sure how susceptible it is to rot as well. It's cheap though.

o_mom
02-18-2009, 10:56 AM

There was concern with the older treated lumber that contained arsenic (CCA treated), but that has been phased out. I'm not sure what the new treatments are, though, and if they will eventually be found to bea problem as well. Cedar and redwood do not require treatment, but I think you still need to seal and/or stain them periodically. I believe that ACQ is the type of treatment most lumber stores carry now. ETA: The Costco one says it is made of 'whitewood' which is defined as various kinds of pine. It doesn't say if it is treated at all, which is odd, IMO. Regular pine (untreated) would rot pretty quickly.

There is a bit here on wood types: http://www.childrensplaysets.com/playset_buyers_guide

This one has some info on CCA and lists some alternatives: http://www.epa.gov/oppad001/reregistration/cca/index.htm

It seems like cedar/redwood would avoid the whole treatment issue, but it is priced about 30-40% higher from what the lumber store guy quoted me.

WatchingThemGrow
02-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Wow. I'm shocked by the size of the newer ones at Sam's. http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=5192 They are HUGE!

Our Lookout model went up by $300 over 2 years since we bought it. Those larger ones require A LOT of flat yard space and a lot of whatever you choose to put on the ground to protect falling kids. Be sure to estimate that also. We went with the rubber mulch Sam's sells and we've spent about $600 extra on that, the landscaping fabric and timbers to keep it contained. Remember to count that cost in the total. Those larger sets will require probably 2x that.

o_mom
02-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Wow. I'm shocked by the size of the newer ones at Sam's. http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=5192 They are HUGE!

Our Lookout model went up by $300 over 2 years since we bought it. Those larger ones require A LOT of flat yard space and a lot of whatever you choose to put on the ground to protect falling kids. Be sure to estimate that also. We went with the rubber mulch Sam's sells and we've spent about $600 extra on that, the landscaping fabric and timbers to keep it contained. Remember to count that cost in the total. Those larger sets will require probably 2x that.

They are big. If we get the Sam's one, I will probably not put the monkey bars section up to save space. Fortunately yard space isn't a problem for us - we have 2/3 ac, most of it in the back and largely flat. I do want to get out there and stake it out to see exactly how much we are talking, though.

The Lookout looks like it would be about 22'x22' for the fall zone, the SkyFort without the monkeybars section would be approx 28'x28'

I'm trying to decide if we can go with a smaller build-your own and really save any, though, and the base material will be a factor in that. Thanks!

maylips
02-18-2009, 05:55 PM
I agree - they are huge. The problem is, the bigger ones have the better fort, and from what I read on this board, that's the largest determining longevity factor for kids - that they love playing in the fort. The smaller ones have more wimpy forts.

How many people just put it on good old-fashioned grass? Why can't kids be kids and just have the grass underneath? Or is it a decorating factor, since the grass usually dies?

We definitely have to look at size - we live on 2 acres, but we're in the Smoky Mountains so flat is a premium. We're going to have to create a flat area for the playground so that won't be inexpensive to do, either.

O_Mom, I think we're going to print out the lumber specs and price them at Lowe's this weekend; really put a pen to paper and see what's cheaper. I'll report back!

brittone2
02-18-2009, 07:44 PM
How many people just put it on good old-fashioned grass? Why can't kids be kids and just have the grass underneath? Or is it a decorating factor, since the grass usually dies?

Head injury/traumatic brain injury is a very real risk with playground equipment, especially since these days the structures are often much bigger and higher than the sets many of us had as kids. There are guidelines for the depth of material (rubber mulch, mulch, pea gravel, etc.) per vertical foot of height in order to provide some protection. (eta: we did pea gravel 6" deep and it was quite expensive unfortunately. I wasn't willing to put in a playstructure without factoring in the cost of the pea gravel though. For my own kids I'm glad to have it, but I"m also glad to have the extra protection as many of our little neighborhood friends come over to play as well).

It doesn't take a fall from a very high height to result in a traumatic brain injury, unfortunately. It is kind of the same reason why it is so important for kids today to wear helmets when bike riding, while the vast majority of our generation didn't.

brittone2
02-18-2009, 07:48 PM
I agree - they are huge. The problem is, the bigger ones have the better fort, and from what I read on this board, that's the largest determining longevity factor for kids - that they love playing in the fort. The smaller ones have more wimpy forts.

We have a metal swing set (we started w/ that) and then DH later built a fort (he used full cedar tree logs from our yard for the uprights, and then built a "deck" with Trex) for the kids. There is a slide down from the fort portion, and a playhouse underneath (with a little play market built into the one side). We made the fort big enough that 1-3 people could sleep out in it in case the kids want to do that eventually (we camp a lot anyway :) ) I think a big fort is a nice feature. Even the "big kids" in the neighborhood like coming over and hanging out in the fort portion ;)

o_mom
02-18-2009, 11:04 PM

We definitely have to look at size - we live on 2 acres, but we're in the Smoky Mountains so flat is a premium. We're going to have to create a flat area for the playground so that won't be inexpensive to do, either.

O_Mom, I think we're going to print out the lumber specs and price them at Lowe's this weekend; really put a pen to paper and see what's cheaper. I'll report back!

Yes - the bigger and cooler fort is the draw for me. I don't see the swings being the main part of it and I want enough room for 5-6 kids on it at once as we regularly have that many over here.

The fall protection is something we will do for the reasons Beth mentioned. I know many people don't, but I'm just not comfortable with that having three boys (the youngest of which has no problem diving off the furniture already :eek:). I'm debating between rubber mulch and pea gravel. I don't want to do wood mulch or sand because of the mess factor.

In your situation, you could look at two separate sets, like Beth mentioned. A simple swing frame and then a climbing structure. I have also seen some with a single swing off the side of a fort.

DrSally
02-18-2009, 11:19 PM
I have to say the bucolic background in the Sam's Club photo makes that one look very attractive! It's hard to compare the 2 when the photo is so stunning of the Sam's club one.

o_mom
02-18-2009, 11:23 PM
I have to say the bucolic background in the Sam's Club photo makes that one look very attractive! It's hard to compare the 2 when the photo is so stunning of the Sam's club one.

LOL! I was joking with someone today that they need a "mountains not included" disclaimer on that one.

maylips
02-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Well, we have lovely mountains like this in our background, but the reality is (over in the East anyway) is that they aren't just part of the background! No desert flatland for us, but yes, the view is awesome. :)

danbnan
02-22-2009, 02:06 PM
We're looking to get a playest ASAP. We were all set to go with Cedarworks, but when we found out it was going to cost $2000 to ship our set we thought that was a complete waste of money that could better be spent on the set and ground prep. All in all, we have about $8000 set aside for this and obviously, spending less than that would be welcomed! We have an area mapped out that is about 30 feet by 30 feet...all flat.

We are in southern CA, so are trying to find a local distributor. I was all about cedar and now am having to change my mindset and am completely confused by the choices...I've looked at Woodplay and Playnation, but just started looking at Rainbow, Woodlawn, and Gorilla. I know there are more, as well! What is the best material to use? I want to stay away from chemicals, which was why untreated cedar was optimal. We don't mind maintenance at all. But this preserved pine has me wondering...they say it's safe, but come on. Redwood and red cedar will require sealing...but how safe is that?

Any thoughts?

o_mom
02-22-2009, 06:49 PM
I haven't looked at Cedarworks because they (and Rainbow) are way out of our price range - DH is having fits over the Sam's Club one. :) I really think cedar is going to be less chemicals or at least not as toxic of chemicals in the long term. I know they don't use CCA treatment anymore, but I don't want to put the money and time into building one with the newer stuff just to find out in a few years that it is toxic.

o_mom
02-22-2009, 06:56 PM
I found a couple post from last year on setting up a playsurface:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=288810

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=297700

And a great link from one on site prep:

http://www.swingsetbuilders.com/site_prep.html

mom2mack&max
02-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Head injury/traumatic brain injury is a very real risk with playground equipment, especially since these days the structures are often much bigger and higher than the sets many of us had as kids. There are guidelines for the depth of material (rubber mulch, mulch, pea gravel, etc.) per vertical foot of height in order to provide some protection. (eta: we did pea gravel 6" deep and it was quite expensive unfortunately. I wasn't willing to put in a playstructure without factoring in the cost of the pea gravel though. For my own kids I'm glad to have it, but I"m also glad to have the extra protection as many of our little neighborhood friends come over to play as well).

It doesn't take a fall from a very high height to result in a traumatic brain injury, unfortunately. It is kind of the same reason why it is so important for kids today to wear helmets when bike riding, while the vast majority of our generation didn't.

Also, I know the rainbow playstructure from Costco states in the warranty that the playset must be on even ground or maybe even on a playpit for the 10 warranty to be valid. You may want to read the warranty info on any structure you plan to purchase.

o_mom
02-22-2009, 08:50 PM

I checked out some BYO prices at Menards (midwest lumber store) and here's what I got. These were all for the Playstar sets, AC2 is pressure treated pine and the guy said to expect a 15%-ish sale when they come out in the spring:

AllStar Gold (http://www.playstarinc.com/ps/allstar-gfv.asp) - AC2 $1045, Cedar $1331
Powerhouse Silver (http://www.playstarinc.com/ps/powerhouse-sfv.asp) - AC2 $977, Cedar $1361
SuperStar Bronze (http://www.playstarinc.com/ps/superstar-bfv.asp) - AC2 $1235, Cedar $1702

I was looking at ones that were comparable in price to Sam's/Costco to see what we could get for the price, so they had some more and less expensive options. I really don't think you get a huge discount with these BYO - they can be customized, though. For example they have a curved slide available that you could swap for the straight slide to save space, swap out the glider for a swing, etc.

I also looked at the Lowes options. They have a Leisure Time Products system in the store. It is actually a modular system that you start with a basic tower and add on from there. It wasn't a bad looking system and had some cool add ons. They didn't really have a BYO where you buy the lumber, so I couldn't compare there.

At this point DH is freaking over the amount of base material, so we are considering something that doesn't have swings. The Lowe's fort wouldn't be bad - the tower, a rock wall and slide would run about $860. It would have about an 18' x 18' fall zone, which would be about $500 in pea gravel or $1000 in rubber mulch. I want to price some BYOs without the swings to compare as well.

DrSally
02-22-2009, 09:07 PM
I haven't looked at Cedarworks because they (and Rainbow) are way out of our price range - DH is having fits over the Sam's Club one. :) I really think cedar is going to be less chemicals or at least not as toxic of chemicals in the long term. I know they don't use CCA treatment anymore, but I don't want to put the money and time into building one with the newer stuff just to find out in a few years that it is toxic.
:yeahthat:

feel much safer with plain cedar than any wood with a treatment.

AngelaS
02-23-2009, 07:49 AM
We have ours on pea gravel and found it wasn't too horribly priced when we ordered it from a local gravel company. The backed into the driveway with a dump truck and poured it on. :)

brittone2
02-23-2009, 12:41 PM
We have ours on pea gravel and found it wasn't too horribly priced when we ordered it from a local gravel company. The backed into the driveway with a dump truck and poured it on. :)

I think it really varies depending on region. When we started pricing base material, we were shocked at the price of pea gravel here in NC. I remember seeing similar posts from others in this region saying it was expensive. So I'm not sure if it is entirely regional, but I know we paid way more than the quotes from many other people here on the BBB, etc.

That said, I'm still really happy we went w/ pea gravel vs. mulch or other material. But it was *pricey* for us. We also got it delivered via dump druck and it was when fuel prices were really high, and we ended up w/ a fuel surcharge on the delivery as well.

Tondi G
02-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Here is another Build Your Own swing set site. Seem to have decent prices on the swings,wheels,telescope accessories/add ons too!

http://www.byoswingset.com/

That said... if we do end up splurging on a swing set this year it will probabl be the Costco one. I wish we could get our hands on last years model with the blue accents though!

emschwar
03-01-2009, 12:50 AM
I'm interested in playsets as well. I don't know if it'll happen this year, but we're buying a house this spring with a backyard (as opposed to the townhouse postage stamp yard we have now) and I really want a playset for the boys.

Someone else mentioned the TRU sets. Anyone have any experience on the quality of those? The price certainly is nice...

Tondi G
03-01-2009, 08:55 PM
this one seems to get good reviews from Home Depot as well

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100431432&categoryID=500840

I just saw a TRU mailer that has a Rainbow playset.... reminds me of the ones Costco carries. The Costco price is WAY better though!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3454906

pjsmom30
03-02-2009, 11:20 AM
We have the large Play a Round set from Sams's. I think it is called the Frontier Fort? We got it last spring, and love it. It couldn't be more solid, and with cedar, no upkeep. Ask any questions, I am happy to help!

Wow, I just noticed that the price went up almost $900 from last year!

o_mom
03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Does anyone know how to tell what an older set is made of?

DH has someone at work that is getting rid of one. Given the age of their kids (15-17), I'm guessing it is about 12-15 years old. Since CCA treated wood wasn't banned until 2004 - it is sure to be CCA treated if it isn't cedar. Problem is, looking at older cedar sets, they don't really look that different than older treated lumber.

I guess we could use the components (slide, etc.) on a BYO set if nothing else.

DrSally
03-09-2009, 04:44 PM
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8222492&adid=1500000000000007131800

Is it weird that this is so cheap? The reviews say the wood is thinner than the more expensive sets and it's for "smaller" kids.

DrSally
03-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know how to tell what an older set is made of?

DH has someone at work that is getting rid of one. Given the age of their kids (15-17), I'm guessing it is about 12-15 years old. Since CCA treated wood wasn't banned until 2004 - it is sure to be CCA treated if it isn't cedar. Problem is, looking at older cedar sets, they don't really look that different than older treated lumber.

I guess we could use the components (slide, etc.) on a BYO set if nothing else.

You could take a piece to the lumber yard and have them identify it. They may have some sort of "test"? Maybe email "Ask this old house?"

o_mom
03-09-2009, 05:11 PM
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8222492&adid=1500000000000007131800

Is it weird that this is so cheap? The reviews say the wood is thinner than the more expensive sets and it's for "smaller" kids.

Yes - I saw that one and the ones at TRU (not the Rainbow one, the 'big backyard' or something) and I think the price is too good to be decent quality. I'm not looking for a 'forever' set that we would pass down to grandkids, but I want it to last 5-8 years and hold 4-5 kids at once.

DrSally
03-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes - I saw that one and the ones at TRU (not the Rainbow one, the 'big backyard' or something) and I think the price is too good to be decent quality. I'm not looking for a 'forever' set that we would pass down to grandkids, but I want it to last 5-8 years and hold 4-5 kids at once.

Same here.
It seemed like it had less wood, if that makes sense. Like the fort part would be more "open". Oh well. I'd rather spend in the $1k range and have something that lasts. We do need to put a deck up too, so I have a feeling it may be a deck this year and a playset next year. Although, it would be so nice to have it this year, but I can't always get in the car and drive to a park with DD. It would be nice to just go outside and play for a bit before dinner.

o_mom
03-09-2009, 05:32 PM
You could take a piece to the lumber yard and have them identify it. They may have some sort of "test"? Maybe email "Ask this old house?"

I did find an arsenic wipe test kit from EWG - http://archive.ewg.org/reports/poisonwoodrivals/orderform.php

The guy told DH that they built it themselves from a kit and treated lumber, so we passed on it. If we did find another used one of unknown history, I would probably consider the test kit.

In the meantime, we got another offer of a used one that is a Leisure Time set from Sam's Club circa 2004-2005. It will need some repairs - boards replaced and probably some hardware, but we are getting it for next to nothing if it works out. I'm pretty sure it is this one - I think we will just put up the fort initially and then either get a separate swingset or add it later. It really cuts down on the amount of base material we need to just do the fort:
http://www.leisuretimeproducts.com/2005season/6005Pathfinder-04.jpg

DrSally
03-10-2009, 01:49 PM
How nice! It looks great!

I really would like to get one this year b/c I feel O would get a lot of value out of it this year with DD prob still taking 2 naps, not being able to walk, etc. I could sit her down on a blanket while DS plays. We'll see.

BTW, can you add an infant swing instead of one of the open swings pretty easily?

o_mom
03-10-2009, 01:58 PM

I really would like to get one this year b/c I feel O would get a lot of value out of it this year with DD prob still taking 2 naps, not being able to walk, etc. I could sit her down on a blanket while DS plays. We'll see.

BTW, can you add an infant swing instead of one of the open swings pretty easily?

I think so. The manual for the Leisure Time ones has a place to order one from them, but I think the $20 ones from Walmart would work fine. Little Tikes makes one, I think - it has rope instead of chain, but that is fine for the weight of a little one. You just attach it to the exisiting hooks from what I can tell.

I agree with your logic - this year will be much harder for you to take two to the park. :D

WatchingThemGrow
03-10-2009, 02:00 PM

The blue LT infant swing goes on in a breeze with the yellow ropes provided.

We did the fence and playset first, then added adult seating the next year. We're glad we've had the playspace before the adult space. We didn't actually do a deck, just some nice furniture. We found that when you first get the set, you really do have to stand around it while they learn to climb it.

DrSally
03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
No, I would definitely be standing there by the set, rather than sitting on the deck. It's just that I don't know if DH will want to get both this year. The deck (with a gate) would also be great for eating outside, painting, moonsand, etc.

DrSally
03-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Oh boy. We were at Costco yesterday as a family and I was showing DH the playset. Looks georgeous and such high quality. It is Huge though! I love that it has a little picinic table and sand area underneith and a huge fort, but man, that thing is like a park. Not sure DH is going to get on board in time. I'm already talking to him about getting the Fronteir (which he doesn't understand why we need if DS still fits the Decathalon), so not sure how much more his brain can handle.

MeyersDVM
03-16-2009, 03:05 PM
We were considering the inexpensive set at WalMart and could not find one in stock and were reluctant to deal with shipping. DH decided to build from scratch instead. We did use PT pine (not a problem for me since it no longer has quite the harmful chemicals). Our girls are still young, so we plan to add on to it as they grow, but for now we have two swings, a slide, a fort over a sandbox area, and a safe climbing ramp. All told we spent approximately $400 not including base material. We have yet to decide what we are doing for that.
It came out wonderful and I think it will last much longer than the kits.
He had yet to put up the swings when I took these pics.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k69/MeyersDVM/utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDEuanBn.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k69/MeyersDVM/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzkuanBn.jpg

daniele_ut
03-16-2009, 03:53 PM
MeyersDVM - did you use a set of plans for yours? It looks great! We don't have a huge yard, but would like to have a fort/slide. I always thought we'd just splurge on the Costco set when we bought a house, but with the way our house is set back from the street our yard just isn't set up quite right to hold something that large. Yours looks like something we could do, though.

pastrygirl
03-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Wow, that looks really nice! My husband would be able to build something like that. It would be great to not have to spend $$$ but end up with something that looks nice and fun. :)

o_mom
03-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Danielle - if you don't feel up to building from scratch, Lowes has a set that you can mix and match stuff to build whatever you want. I priced a fort with rockwall, ladder and slide at around $850. It is made by Leisure Time and all precut cedar, except the posts which are wood covered with polyethylene.

MeyersDVM
03-16-2009, 04:41 PM
MeyersDVM - did you use a set of plans for yours? It looks great! We don't have a huge yard, but would like to have a fort/slide. I always thought we'd just splurge on the Costco set when we bought a house, but with the way our house is set back from the street our yard just isn't set up quite right to hold something that large. Yours looks like something we could do, though.

DH and I had looked at a number of sets and he just built it as he went along. He is pretty good like that ;) The thing is STURDY, too. The photos don't show it, but we added a knotted rope up the ramp to help my little ones climb. He used an 8 ft 4x4 header beam for the swings and we probably will change that out for a 12' in the future so we can add a tire swing to the outside. We may add a rock wall later, too. Most of the accessories are available at Home Depot. The pirate ship wheel was a must-have!

DrSally
03-16-2009, 08:50 PM
MEyersDVM, That looks very nice! Your DH is quite handy!

o_mom
03-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Bumpity-bump-bump..

o_mom
03-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Wanted to add that I was at a Sam's Club in OH this week and they had this Rainbow set (http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item_nbr=568711&landing=568711)for $1299. It is not available at our local club in IN - but I really liked this one:

http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0750731738344_L4.jpg