PDA

View Full Version : Dutailier Help

L'sMommy
02-17-2009, 08:13 PM
I am considering getting a Dutailier multiposition glider. Looking at their website, their wood collection has so many numerical series. Can someone shed some light on whether there is a significance for the numbers, such as better quality or higher price as numbers increase? I am not sure how i am supposed to choose what i want - so many choices!!!

WatchingThemGrow
02-17-2009, 08:16 PM
DH and I shopped around in person over several months, sitting in different ones at the stores. We found the bigger ones very comfortable, especially since we'd be holding someone (or 2) while in them.

Do you have some furniture/baby stores you can try them out? Ours couldn't be found at BRU.

jenfromnj
02-17-2009, 11:44 PM
This chart should give you some idea of what numbers correspond to which features, though there's still a lot of variation as to style, size, etc:

http://www.babycatalog.com/dutailier/2008/dutailier-mechanism-chart.jpg

christigpa
02-18-2009, 08:49 AM
I am considering getting a Dutailier multiposition glider. Looking at their website, their wood collection has so many numerical series. Can someone shed some light on whether there is a significance for the numbers, such as better quality or higher price as numbers increase? I am not sure how i am supposed to choose what i want - so many choices!!!

It all depends whether you want a model with certain features - for instance reclining. Check out the pp's babycatalog (that's where we ordered our Dutailier Grand) website link - very informative.

SuperDad
03-23-2009, 02:07 PM
We actually spent a lot of time this past weekend trying to figure out the Dutailier codes as well. I believe that there are two different types of codes. The first type indicates the actual chair style that you are interested in. The second type indicates the gliding mechanism that you want for this chair. If you go online and you see a certain series, the series number indicates the style of the chair. For instance the 912 and 914 series are part of their "Grand Chair" collection and these numbers indicate which shape/style of chair you want.

For the mechanism number (2nd number), there are four different mechanisms available: Gliding, Reclining, Swivel, and Multiposition (http://www.dutailier.com/options.php?section=options&titre=Options). The different codes for the second number indicate which mechanism options you want. For instance, you can get "Gliding Only." You could also get "Gliding, Reclining, and Multiposition." I don't have the codes in front of me, but I know that 130 is the code for the second number if you wanted all four mechanism options. So for a 912 Series Grand Chair with all of the mechanism options, your code would be 912 130.

Keep in mind that the cost goes up with the number of mechanism options that you choose (all four being the highest).