PDA

View Full Version : Ear Tubes help please?

tmarie
02-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Dd has had ear tubes for two years. They have worked wonders...she has been so healthy this year and last. But I do have a question: when should they come out? The ENT had told me they could pop out within a year....will we know it when it happens?

TIA!

tmarie

baileygirl
02-17-2009, 11:02 PM
DS had tubes put in his ears last April. We go to see his ear doctor once every 3-4 months. One tube is all the way out (we never saw it) and the other one is starting to come out. We were told that they would last at least 6 months to one year (some last for a few years or need to be removed).

tmarie
02-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Thank you!! I guess I'll just wait to get them checked at her next appointment. I hope the poor thing doesn't need to get them removed.

tmarie

ohiomom1121
02-17-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm an Audiologist and have seen lots of ear tubes. They usually do work themselves out within a year. They are pretty tiny...they could fall out when she's sleeping and you might not even notice them. Any doc who looks in her ears can tell you if they're still in. You could also get a "mom" otoscope. They are under $25 and really nice to have.
http://www.amazon.com/Original-Doctor-Mom-Otoscope-otoscopes/dp/B000ITD3RA