PDA

View Full Version : Flip camcorder ?

army_mom
02-17-2009, 10:42 PM
I am doing some research into the flip camcorders and wanted some feedback from those of you who own them.

Are they easy to use and work well?
How easy is it to email videos? Do they upload fairly easily?
Can I burn the video to a DVD from my computer?

We want to get one and send it to Iraq so we can make videos of us reading to DD and then either mail a DVD or email the file directly to her so she can hear our voices and see our faces. Has anyone done the file sending with success? Do you think this camcorder would fit the bill for what we want to do??

Thoughts? Suggestions? Alternate ideas?

TIA!

kayte
02-17-2009, 10:53 PM
We have one. It's very easy to use and we use it to email videos and have burned them to DVD with their software. (I do have a mac so I don't know if the pc software is different).

It's not fantastic resolution but it's great for what we need--sharing with far away friends and family. Plus DD LOVEs to watch herself on the big tv--she knows how to plug it in and watch--she just turned three.

hillview
02-18-2009, 01:28 PM
It is great! We watch on the pc and have no issues with the resolution. We do the email all the time.
/hillary

Davids-Coco
02-18-2009, 01:57 PM
They make an HD one that is really nice resolution that we bought my dad for the holidays. We don't have a problem with our Ultra's resolution. They are super easy to pull off - just like pics off a digital camera. I don't use their software to burn DVDs (on a mac with iDVD). It is just a simple and easy option.