PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get "patriotic" clothing for DD1?

Neatfreak
02-18-2009, 04:39 AM
My kiddo will going to need a couple of pro-Canada tees to wear to kindergarten later this year. This will be kind of hard for me to find, living in Thailand and all, but my sister is visiting in March and will bring a suitcase full of stuff for me!

My first thought was to check at Roots, or maybe look for a Team Canada tee at a hockey fan store. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

mikeys_mom
02-18-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm not sure if HBC/Zellers have their Olympic clothing out yet. I think I saw some team Canada stuff there recently.

NewfieNat
02-18-2009, 04:14 PM
March will be a little tricky...there should be something at the places you mentioned though. Don't forget Roots 73 (outlet), I often find they have more selection. Hmm

http://canada.roots.com/GirlsTees/girlsILoveRootsShortSleeveT-Shirt//21160893,default,pd.html?cgid=kidsGirlsTees&selectedColor=1000

How about Vancouver 2010 clothes? I can only see hoodies that say Canada but maybe there's more in store at HBC or possibly Please Mum.

Does your sister live near Banff? Duck Duck Moose has a nice selection of Canadian shirts but I can't recall brand names. Maybe ark?

Is there any way she can mail you a package in June/July? It seems all the major stores (even US-based like Gap & Gymbo) have shirts out then for Canada Day. I think this is fairly recent because it wasn't like that when DS was a baby.

bubbaray
02-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Wait for the day after Canada Day and hit Please Mum. Obviously, it won't be *you* doing that, but maybe a friend/relative could and mail you the Canada Day stuff then?? Roots would be my second choice and the HBC Olympic line (also sold at Zellers) a DISTANT third. The quality is crap compared to PM or Roots and I don't know who is doing their design stuff, but they suck at it.

3blackcats
02-18-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't know if they ship to Canada, but I bought these:
http://www.overstock.com/Baby/Helloyaya-Maple-Leaf-Leather-Infant-Shoes/3356527/product.html
They are for boys or girls.

I desperately looking at Roots for the baby/toddler t-shirt that says "My Roots are Canadian" and by me, I mean sending my family. You may want to send your sister looking for that too ;-)

Neatfreak
02-18-2009, 08:38 PM
March will be a little tricky...there should be something at the places you mentioned though. Don't forget Roots 73 (outlet), I often find they have more selection. Hmm

http://canada.roots.com/GirlsTees/girlsILoveRootsShortSleeveT-Shirt//21160893,default,pd.html?cgid=kidsGirlsTees&selectedColor=1000

How about Vancouver 2010 clothes? I can only see hoodies that say Canada but maybe there's more in store at HBC or possibly Please Mum.

Does your sister live near Banff? Duck Duck Moose has a nice selection of Canadian shirts but I can't recall brand names. Maybe ark?

Is there any way she can mail you a package in June/July? It seems all the major stores (even US-based like Gap & Gymbo) have shirts out then for Canada Day. I think this is fairly recent because it wasn't like that when DS was a baby.

Hey, you reminded me that she received a Vancouver 2010 tee for her birthday last summer. I bet it would still fit.

Melissa, I agree about the HBC stuff (DD1's green Vancouver 2010 tee excepted). It probably does make sense to ask my mom or sister to pick up some stuff after Canada Day and stuff it into one of those large mailing envelopes.

I am going to peek at the website for Roots - maybe they finally have online shopping!

Those Robeez are so cute, 3blackcats! I wonder if my baby needs something ...

EllasMum
02-25-2009, 07:14 PM
In the Canadian Baby Gear Survival Guide thread, someone listed www.bornincanada.com. Looks like some cute stuff!

MamaBear
02-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Before we moved to Europe, I bought some stuff at Roots for our son plus his German cousins. I also got some maple-leaf decorated Robeez for the daughter of a Canadian friend living in the States.

Neatfreak
02-26-2009, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the Born in Canada link - I'll check that out next!

It does look like Roots has online shopping now, so I might send a couple of items to my sister's place ...

3blackcats
02-26-2009, 10:58 AM
In the Canadian Baby Gear Survival Guide thread, someone listed www.bornincanada.com. Looks like some cute stuff!

The stuff does look cute, I just wish that the pictures were big enough to actually see the detail on the outfits :(