PDA

View Full Version : FP My Little Lamb Cradle Swing?

Indianamom2
02-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi. Does anyone have the Fisher Price "My Little Lamb" Dreamy Motions Cradle Swing?
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Little-Dreamy-Motions-Deluxe/dp/B0018Z6910/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1234990245&sr=8-4

I had a tiny portable swing for my first daughter. She hated it and never used it. I really like the cradle swing idea, but before I buy one, I thought I'd get opinions.

It's very similar to the FP starlight papasan and Nature's Touch papasan swing as well. I would also consider those, but I like the look of the lamb one the best.

Thanks for any info,
Christina

nbarrett78
03-01-2009, 01:35 PM
I love those swings too! The look of the Little Lamb is my favorite also, but I am starting to want the starlight more, and this is why... The Little Lamb swing runs on 4 D batteries and the starlight and the butterfly (pink ones) come with an AC adapter. Save on batteries. I do not know battery life on these swing so if anyone does, I would love to hear it.
As for which one your DC will like... who knows? You could wait to buy one until DC is here and give it a try and return if DC hates it. I have seen tons on craigslist too, not the Little Lamb kind though.

kijip
03-01-2009, 02:27 PM
This little lamb one is a miracle worker for my little baby son right now. After the first few weeks, until we got this swing, his daytime sleep was always on me or my husband or for short bursts after we put him down asleep or next to us while we napped. All that works for a the pp period but no so much once mama wants to/needs to get up and work on something for school or work or spend naptime doing something like cleaning or paying bills. This swing not only lets him sleep longer during the day, we can set him down in it awake after eating and play and he will fall asleep. Such a relief. Often times the Moby wrap is still our nap aide of choice (on the go, mama wants to take a walk etc) but it is nice to have a couple of naps a day where I can do something apart from baby, like shower and eat and work on a grant proposal. The lamb one is very soft and very mildly colored compared to some. We got ours off of CL, next to new, from a family whose baby the same age as Finn hated the swing. We returned to one we got as a present.

boringmember
03-01-2009, 05:37 PM
I love those swings too! The look of the Little Lamb is my favorite also, but I am starting to want the starlight more, and this is why... The Little Lamb swing runs on 4 D batteries and the starlight and the butterfly (pink ones) come with an AC adapter. Save on batteries. I do not know battery life on these swing so if anyone does, I would love to hear it.
As for which one your DC will like... who knows? You could wait to buy one until DC is here and give it a try and return if DC hates it. I have seen tons on craigslist too, not the Little Lamb kind though.

Couldn't you get rechargeables though? Then you can get the swing you want and not have to worry about placement or anything.