PDA

View Full Version : play "veil"?

KrisM
02-18-2009, 06:27 PM
DD keeps trying to wear a play silk on her head by putting it under a head band. It doesn't stay. I'm not sure what I can buy or use to help her out. I don't think she wants a wedding veil, but to use a play silk or something similar.

Ideas?

fivi2
02-18-2009, 06:48 PM
My mom got some princess costumes at Tuesday Morning and one of them did come with headband with white tulle (? tutu type material, but softer) attached. I would think you could glue some material to a cheap headband for the same effect.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Have you checked Etsy.com ?

JTsMom
02-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Is she trying to use a regular headband? If so, how about one of those stretchy ones that form a complete circle (am I making sense?)

Otherwise, can you fold it into a triangle and tie it like a kerchief?

KrisM
02-18-2009, 10:36 PM
I tried Etsy, but am not finding what I want with the search terms I'm using. I keep trying.

She's using a plastic headband and it's really a bit tight on her and sort of pops up. We tried a stretchy headband today and it wasn't tight enough.

I did some searching and all I find is wedding type of veils and I just don't think that's what she wants. I found a "princess cloak" and it might work, because she also likes to have a cape. I'm going to show her that tomorrow and see.

JTsMom
02-19-2009, 09:53 AM
So it doesn't have to be that specific playsilk? You could just go to a fabric store, let her pick out whatever she likes, then hot glue it to either a comb (the kind that you stick in your hair I mean), a clip of some sort, or a headband. Just be aware if you wash it without sewing around the edges, some types of fabric will fray. It would be really cheap and easy.

OR, if it does have to be that playsilk, you could probably buy a piece of elastic, kind of roll the edge of the playsilk around it several times, then tie the elastic into a loop that she can slip around her head- sort of like the elastic hairband but tighter.