PDA

View Full Version : Leather Diaper bag rundown?

lmariana
02-18-2009, 06:34 PM
I've been out of the diaper bag world for a few years now, and in my absence, it seems as if leather bags have really gained a lot of popularity.

Can anyone give me a rundown on the favorite leather bags out there? My only preferences are the option to wear across the body (messenger style) and decent organization.

Thanks for the info (enabling)! :)

pastrygirl
02-18-2009, 08:20 PM
I don't have one, but people rave about Not Rational bags! I'm hoping to get one someday. Here's a link (http://web.mac.com/notrational/Not_Rational_VIP_sale/VIP_ONLINE_SAMPLE_SALE.html#grid) to some samples that they have on sale. This link is constantly updated with new sale items -- check it often! :)

ged
02-21-2009, 01:59 AM
I don't have any either, but the ones that seem popular on babybags for example, are:

Not Rational
Ramalama
Hayden Harnett (purses they use as diaper bags)
Rafe Kate (another purse) -- I have one in denim with leather trim that I love!
Some Mia Bossi's (?)
Some Storksaks (?)

And some other brands such as Tano, Belen Enchi...something, Rebecca Minkoff,...

Not sure if that is any help. I am debating a Not Rational Hansel. It has both shoulder straps and a long messenger strap. The big problem is that there is practically no internal organization.

aajamu
02-23-2009, 03:55 PM
I am debating a Not Rational Hansel. It has both shoulder straps and a long messenger strap. The big problem is that there is practically no internal organization.

I have a NR Hansel and have to say that the "no internal organization" thing is something to consider. I use a few organizational bags - 1 XL Lexie Barnes mini for diapers and wipes, 1 Generation Baby Handisack for spare change of clothes, a see-through pouch for ointments & travel medicines, and another LB bag for snacks/food. There's not clip inside either, so I can't attach my bottle bag anywhere inside.

All the organization is external. A zip pocket inside would be great, as would a bottle holder pocket. Oh. Well. Still a nice bag, well made, great size, and made in the USA. So I recommend, but with reservations. Plus unless you get it on sample sale and/or used, they are super expensive (over $400)

OiOi now has leather bags - though I guess I've read the messenger strap might be too short if you are tall (leaving you with just shoulder option).

I've heard nice things about the Ramalama bags but they've always been out of my price range. They do seem to have really nice organization though!

ged
02-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks for your comments about the Hansel. I am so torn. I guess I will never know until I try it for myself...maybe.

I have heard good things about Ramalama as well. Just don't really like the styles they currently offer.