PDA

View Full Version : Hello sun damage..you suck

infomama
02-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Just noticed them today...two brown spots on my face. One the size of an eraser, the other is about double that. Fabulous.

klb30
02-18-2009, 10:51 PM
and I've found that photofacials work the best to erase them.

roobee
02-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Face stuff sucks :(

I recently had a laser treatment done (BBL) because I got a $400 GC in a drawing. I love that laser and want to take it home with me. It blasted off my freckles (I was aiming more towards reducing the constant redness). They said browns are easier to treat than reds.

It was amazing - I went last Friday and had it done. The next day - and even still - my freckles are coming off. First they get darker and then you can just sort of scrape them away with a fingernail. It's amazing and I can't stop looking in the mirror.

The sad part is that each treatment is $800 and I'd need another 3-5 to finish up. I talked them into doing it for $150 plus the $400 GC. And I loved it so much that I made my husband promise to let me do the other treatments if I lost 25 pounds (but we both know I like ice cream too much for that to work - but that laser might beat out some of my sweets cravings). Now I know why stars always look so great - and why people get addicted to this stuff.

infomama
02-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Face stuff sucks :(

They said browns are easier to treat than reds.

It was amazing - I went last Friday and had it done. The next day - and even still - my freckles are coming off. First they get darker and then you can just sort of scrape them away with a fingernail. It's amazing and I can't stop looking in the mirror.

Sounds wonderful..and expensive.

maylips
02-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Where did you have that done?

Lucky me, I was a lifeguard for 4 years in the 90's when the mantra was get-as-tan-as-you can. Now that I'm 35, I am paying the price, big time.

Once you do the lasers that many times, do they stay off for good, or is there a maintenance you have to pay to upkeep it as well?

Melaine
02-19-2009, 10:56 AM
If it's not one thing, it's another. I am pale as the day is long, and no sun damage. However, I have pretty much accepted a sentence of life long acne. I just don't even bother trying to fight it anymore....

DrSally
02-19-2009, 01:39 PM
I would love to have laser treatment, I just can't justify the expense. I have sunspots too, eventhough I use sunscreen on my face every day of the year. I don't reapply, though, so I'm sure it doesn't last all day long. I would love to have laser hair removal too.