PDA

View Full Version : Melissa & Doug toys made in China?

jgenie
02-19-2009, 11:37 AM
I was looking at some toys I bought for DS for Christmas and although this is a US company all the toys I bought are made in China. Are any of their toys made in the US? I couldn't find any info on their website.

MMMommy
02-19-2009, 11:51 AM
All of the M&D toys that we have were made in China. I think most, if not all of the M&D stuff is made in China now.

ett
02-19-2009, 12:13 PM
I don't believe any of M&D toys are made in the US.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-19-2009, 12:23 PM
All M&D toys are MIC, and have been for a long time, if not since they started. They are a better company that makes things in better Chinese factories. Not all MIC is bad. I try not to buy FP, Mattel, and off brands, as they are the ones that seem to always be recalled. Plus I buy little plastic, and more wood stuff. FP and Mattel are US brands, too. Not many US brands make stuff here anymore. Sites like www.oompa.com and www.moolka.com are good for European and US made stuff.

LuckyRiver
02-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Yes all M&D is MIC. I really think you can't be sure of any quality/safety claims b/c of the MIC. Not to mention the social responsibility and child labor.

alirebco
02-21-2009, 10:12 PM
All of them are MIC which sucks b/c most places that carry wooden toys ONLY carry M&D stuff which I won't buy. It's super hard to find non-MIC stuff in chain stores or locally - I have found I mostly have to order online.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-21-2009, 11:29 PM
In fairness to M&D they own thier own factories in China and do not use child labor- have stricter testing, etc.

:yeahthat:
Not everything made in China is poor quality. I prefer European toys, but like M&D, and Plan Toys, which are made in Thailand,