PDA

View Full Version : Leksvik Storage Bench

alexsmommy
02-19-2009, 11:57 AM
I know there are a lot of Ikea fans here - does anyone have this bench? If so, could you tell me about how many pairs of adult shoes you think could fit in the storage? I have GOT to find a solution to our pile of shoes on my front porch. TIA.

kijip
02-19-2009, 11:59 AM
I know there are a lot of Ikea fans here - does anyone have this bench? If so, could you tell me about how many pairs of adult shoes you think could fit in the storage? I have GOT to find a solution to our pile of shoes on my front porch. TIA.

One per spot unless they are flip flops. Kid shoes, 2-3 pairs per spot. Our bench, I think, has 8 spots?

alexsmommy
02-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks - that helps my thinking a lot.

cono0507
02-19-2009, 01:38 PM
We have had in our mud room for going on two years now - one pair of DH's shoes per spot. I can fit two pairs of mine if they are small like ballet flats or sandals. For the kids, each has a basket that fits in a spot and their shoes are in that basket. I've been really happy with it beacuse the kids can sit on top of it while getting their shoes on or it is a good surface to drop a purse, bag, etc and we also have a basket of scarves/mittens/etc on it too.

DrSally
02-20-2009, 10:37 AM
We had/have this. Like pp's said, one pair of man shoes and 2 pair of women's flip flops or thinner shoe placed together on the side. I really liked it in our entry way (I had the top hook shelf too for jackets. For kids, I suppose you could fit 2 pair, end to end. We don't have an entryway now, so I put it in the closet for shoes. It's a good price for that much storage.

alexsmommy
02-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Ok, so there is a storage bench/tv stand which I what I think I was originally looking at and a shoe storage bench. Does anyone know if more shoes fit in the slots of the long tv stand one?
Either way, I think I am getting one of these... I am losing my mind from the chaos on my porch.
Thanks all.