PDA

View Full Version : Have you used a hotel's crib? How did you clean it?

kusumat
02-19-2009, 05:00 PM
The hotel said that it would be Pnp. Will it be clean enough if i just wipe it with a wet towel? I don't really want to used the clorox wipe because DD(6 mos) like to lick the pnp we have at home. This is still in flu season. Any advice?

rgavelis
02-19-2009, 09:11 PM
I would generally say that you should be fine with just a damp washcloth. The two times that we got a crib when we were staying at hotels for long road trips, the cribs we got were portable/folding cribs but they weren't like PNPs. More like regular furniture. They should give you some clean sheets and a mattress too. Check the sturdiness of the crib too before you put the baby in. I also brought a blanket and a couple stuffed animals so that my son would have something familiar in the crib to help him go to sleep. Hope that helps.

jmeyer23
02-19-2009, 09:14 PM
I agree that a hot washcloth should be just fine; I always bring my own crib sheet and DS's own blanket which always makes me feel better. Once or twice it hasn't fit perfectly but you can usually figure out a way to make due. BTW, I've read that it's a good idea to take a disinfectant wipe to the hotel door handles and remote control as they RARELY get cleaned....it makes me feel better at least, to know I possibly helped disinfect something!:bighand:

hillaryb
02-19-2009, 09:18 PM
this is why we have a pack n play...that and for visits to grandparents. We haven't flown with DD yet, so that would be different. I would use disinfecting wipes and let it dry, I think.

WatchingThemGrow
02-19-2009, 09:23 PM
I try to bring my own PnP sheet, then use theirs as back up - if I'm sure it will be a PnP. That way it smells like home. We also take sleepsacks and a lovey, of course.

maestramommy
02-19-2009, 10:24 PM
We've used a hotel PnP and crib. I don't think we cleaned it. It looked clean to me!

bubbaray
02-19-2009, 11:11 PM
We bring our own sheets and hope for the best.

wellyes
02-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Personally, I'd probably just use it without worrying about it. But if you want to be cautious, bring a spray bottle with 25% vinegar, 75% water to wipe down the hard surfaces.............. that will kill almost any germs and is safe for babies to touch / taste.