PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody using Zofran right now?

marit
02-20-2009, 12:32 AM
If you are currently on Zofran, please pm me.

Thanks!

ETA: The reason I was asking girls, is that I have 7 Zofran pills left, ans since they did ABSOLUTELY nothing for me I stopped taking them. But since I paid $200 for 20 pills, I just can't bring myself to throwing them in the trash. So if anyone is using right now, and is interested in my Zofran, I'd be more than willing to mail it to you, courtesy of one sick mama :) Just send me a private message with your address.

clyjn18
02-20-2009, 02:03 AM
Forgive my message board ignorance, but I don't know what "pm" means, so I'm just posting my reply on the forum. I'm at 35 weeks and still sick all the time. I take at least one Zofran (generic) per day, sometimes two (down from 3 during my second trimester). It stops the vomiting, and it's basically the only thing that works for me. How are you feeling?

WatchingThemGrow
02-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Not currently taking it, but I was and still have it. Take it with colase or stool softener. MUCH better.

hellokitty
02-20-2009, 09:42 AM
I am on it. Only 8 mg a day, b/c I am afraid that any more than that (I should probably be on 16 mg a day), and the constipation problems would be way too bad for me to function. I stake 3 stool softeners, eat a bowl of high fiber cereal and sometimes 2 dried prunes a day and that seems to be the magic solution to keeping the constipation problem under control. The thing that stinks is that the zofran doesn't help me with nausea, BUT it decreases the # of times that I vomit. I went from vomiting 6+ times a day to 1-2x a day now. Oh and I almost forgot, I am taking unisom (not the gel, the regular tab) too. The b6 did nothing for me, so I stopped taking it. I tried just unisom at first, but it just wasn't cutting it for me. I have to take the entire pill for it to work. I heard some ppl split a pill up in two doses, but it's not strong enough for me if I do that. So, the zofran and unisom combo is what is getting me through the bad n/v. I have it with each pregnancy, but by far this one is the worst.

mommy111
02-20-2009, 09:46 AM
I took it too...didn't do anything for the nausea at all, I felt like a backed up sink, but did stop the vomiting.

clyjn18
02-21-2009, 01:14 AM
If you are currently on Zofran, please pm me.

Thanks!

ETA: The reason I was asking girls, is that I have 7 Zofran pills left, ans since they did ABSOLUTELY nothing for me I stopped taking them. But since I paid $200 for 20 pills, I just can't bring myself to throwing them in the trash. So if anyone is using right now, and is interested in my Zofran, I'd be more than willing to mail it to you, courtesy of one sick mama :) Just send me a private message with your address.

Yikes! That's a lot of money. Is that for the name-brand or the generic? The generic ones I take are $17/30 pills (8 mg) on my current insurance, so I don't need yours--better they go to anyone else with similar costs.