PDA

View Full Version : OT- organizing committee terms? No idea what I'm doing

SnuggleBuggles
02-20-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm the chair of a new committee at school and I need to draft up things like term rotations. I am a total novice and only have the model of one other committee to look at so I could use some more ideas.

The committee will be 8-10 people (I'll find out for sure later). New terms will start in Jan.. Each January we are thinking 3 people will leave so that only a small part of the group changes over.

How do we decide which 3 leave if no one volunteers?

How do we decide how long terms will be?

The only method I have seen for this is drawing straws and such. Any other ideas? Thanks!!

Beth

kedss
02-20-2009, 10:26 AM
what kind of school is it? I'm assuming the people on the committee are parents of children attending the school? My ds attends a co-operative preschool run by the parents, we have co-presidents, and they overlap, so one person gets 'trained' in the first year they do it, then is able to train the next one. It really depends on how long the kids will attend, and depending how much time is expected of the parents, you might want to make the commitments a year or two, so you don't get too much burn out and so ther parents can have a chance to participate.