PDA

View Full Version : Anybody had their counter top replaced?

MartiesMom2B
02-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm wondering if you need to remove everything from drawers and cabinets when you get your counter tops replaced. How messy was it and how loud will it be.

Thanks.

jgenie
02-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Yes, we had to remove everything from the top drawers - I don't think you have to remove from cabinets that are not directly under the counter. I don't remember it being too messy or too loud. GL

slworld
02-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Yes, we had to remove everything from the top drawers - I don't think you have to remove from cabinets that are not directly under the counter.

:yeahthat: The removal of the old countertop was a little messy/noisy since they had to chip away the old tile and that contributed to the dust. But other than that it wasn't bad.

MartiesMom2B
02-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Sounds easy enough. I was worried that the installation would interfere with DD's nap. I guess not. Thanks!

egoldber
02-20-2009, 04:54 PM
We had ours replaced. We had to take things out of the top drawers, but honestly there was debris kind of all over in some of the cabinets.

And I did think it was really loud. But it may depend on what type of installation it is.

MartiesMom2B
02-20-2009, 04:58 PM
We had ours replaced. We had to take things out of the top drawers, but honestly there was debris kind of all over in some of the cabinets.

And I did think it was really loud. But it may depend on what type of installation it is.

We're getting solid surface if that makes any difference. I just don't want to have to wash everything in all of my cabinets after it's installed.

egoldber
02-20-2009, 05:49 PM
That's what we had done too (had Corian put in). It was mostly OK, but I was pulling out serving platters for months and finding sawdust. :)

niccig
02-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Could you put old towels/cloths over the contents in the lower cabinets? It might help with clean up, as you could take the towel/cloth out and shake it out/wash it and nothing will fall in your mixing bowls etc.

MartiesMom2B
02-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Could you put old towels/cloths over the contents in the lower cabinets? It might help with clean up, as you could take the towel/cloth out and shake it out/wash it and nothing will fall in your mixing bowls etc.

That's what I'll think I'll do. Thanks for the suggestion.

heatherlynn
02-21-2009, 10:47 AM
That's what I'll think I'll do. Thanks for the suggestion.

I wonder if putting some of that press n seal stuff around your upper cabinets would work? I read somewhere about using that when you're painting around toilets, but maybe it would work somehow for this.