PDA

View Full Version : What's up with someone doing this? -UPDATE!

kellij
02-21-2009, 02:35 AM
This was my original post:

I got a call this morning from a newspaper in NY. (I'm in OK). She said my name and phone number were listed in a classified ad, along with an email -not mine. It was about texting for money. She thought it sounded a little fishy, so I guess that's why she called. She worked for the newspaper and is going to delete the ad.

Why would someone do that? Do I need to be worried about something?

I think I figured it out. I took part in the "bargain" a couple of months ago on the bargain board about diapers. I just noticed fraudulent charges on my credit card. They say something about classified ads. So I'm guessing they were using my charge card to place ads, so that is why my name was attached. Nice.

s7714
02-21-2009, 02:42 AM
Wow, that doesn't sound good! Did anyone from that diper fiasco contact their state attorney's office or anything? If people have strange fradulent charges showing up on their CCs after ordering from that site, and someone's placing ads with your info. I'd hope that some agency somewhere would have interest in tracking these activities. Scary stuff. Hope you get it straightened out easily!