PDA

View Full Version : best size for receiving blankets?

barbara
02-21-2009, 12:41 PM
im planning to make some my self and have heard that 30 x 30 that i see in the store is much too small for swaddling. what do you think is the ideal size?
thanks!!

Snow mom
02-21-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm fairly sure swaddles should be 42 x 42. The type of fabric is worth considering too. It has to have a bit of stretch but not too much or the baby will break out. My MIL made a few for us and we also have a few different types of swaddles that you can find at stores or online. Most of what you see in stores are actually receiving blankets that aren't really suited to swaddling.

sunriseiz
02-21-2009, 11:37 PM
If I were making them, I'd say 42x42 is probably a good size. The standard ones you can buy in the store are too small for big babies. I personally don't like stretch for swaddling; I prefer flannel like the ones in the stores. IMHO, the texture helps them stay together.

rgavelis
02-22-2009, 12:20 AM
I agree with above posts. 42 X 42 is a really good size to use for swaddling in a pinch if your swaddlers are in the laundry. I definitely recommend flannel for softness and warmth. Once your baby gets too big to be swaddled in these, they can be used as nap blankies for when it's warmer.