PDA

View Full Version : how does your toddler listen to the ipod?

neeleymartin
02-21-2009, 10:21 PM
just wondering. downloaded some great sesame street podcasts and a few tv episodes, both for use when we are on the verge of a meltdown.

does your little one use headphones, or a mini speaker system? details appreciated. concerned that headphones will be too loud for a toddler (20 mos old). also do they stay in? most are buds nowadays.

i should add that i only plan to use this when we are out and about and need help, kwim?!?

tia

fortato
02-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Jack listens with headphones. We just make sure he doesn't mess with the volume...
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/kristenkotrlik/CampMorse576.jpg

I wish I had bought another IPod before I bought a portable DVD player.

deannanb
02-21-2009, 11:11 PM
we use over the head-phones like in the picture too -
sony makes some for about $10 you can by at target/walmart...

and there is a volumn selection somewhere in the settings features - along the control on the application you are using. So my itouch isn't very loud - just enough that even if DS turns it waaaay up - it won't be loud

DrSally
02-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Kristen, that's too cute!

kransden
02-21-2009, 11:17 PM

That's what we use.

hillview
02-22-2009, 02:38 PM

:yeahthat:
/hillary

neeleymartin
02-22-2009, 02:55 PM
thanks. that's exactly what i was picturing for headphones. next trip to walmart, they are in my cart.

neeleymartin
02-22-2009, 03:18 PM
kristen, where can i find a case like that? seems to keep the ipod, safe and snug. tia

Laurel
02-22-2009, 03:55 PM
i should add that i only plan to use this when we are out and about and need help, kwim?!?

We originally used our ipod for your reason listed above- I just wanted to warn you to be ready for DC to ask for it constantly- we now limit use only to certain events (plane ride, car ride over an hour, etc.).