PDA

View Full Version : "Official" rules of a bargain board...

fortato
02-21-2009, 10:46 PM
I found this on the BabyCenter board and thought it would apply here!!!

1. The first rule of spinoff boards is don't talk about spin off boards.

2. RAOK means Random Act of Kindness.

3. ROAK means nothing.

4. If you repeatedly misspell words we may laugh at you.

5. If you come here and ask where all the bargains are, we WILL laugh at you.

6. We don't want to see pictures of your stretch marks.

7. We do want to see pictures of your new haircut, and possibly your messy living room.

8. Yes, you're probably pregnant. Or maybe you're not, we don't care. Just take a freakin' test already and let us know when you figure it out.

9. Please refrain from taking a potty break until the drama comes to a complete stop.

10. If you miss a drama post, don't bother complaining. You should have just abandonded your housework, children and intestinal needs like the rest of us. Next time you'll learn.

11. If you're a working mother, you should be ashamed of yourself.

12. If you're a stay at home mother, you should be ashamed of yourself.

13. If you start a thread asking people's opinions about SAHM's vs. working moms, you should duck and cover and possibly consider joining a poster protection program.

14. The lol cats have no secret meaning. They're just cute and make us giggle.

15. Magic cream is a hair remover. We use it on our nether regions. Yes, we realize that it's for black men. No, we're not black men.

16. If you wonder if your siggy is to big, it probably is.

17. If you're coming to the board under a fake name to post mean things about people like a 12 year old, we realize that you think you're enormously cleaver. You're not, the rest of of think you're a moron. Move along now.

18. Don't ask us who the Hoffs and Ranters are. We don't get it either.

19. Please feel free to tell us all about your fake mansion, exploding Hummers or pretend brain surgeon fiances. Sometimes we get bored and need the amusement we get from uncovering your lies.

20. Please feel free to post a bargain every now and then. We like to pretend that's what we're here for.

21. We're not doctors and can't properly diagnose your child, even if you provide the gruesome photos. We will however, attempt to diagnose him anyway. Do yourself a favor and call the doctor.

22. If you come here with a really juicy story and 200 people hang on your every word for two weeks and the thread has 600 posts, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, PLEASE UPDATE US!! Our fragile minds can't take the unresolved chiffhangers.

23. Paint your living room/kitchen/bathroom/laundry room in Caraway. The rest of us did.

24. One word. Ramon. We're really sorry you missed that thread. That's what you get for not being here two years ago.

25. If you notice that a really boring looking thread suddenly has a hundred posts on it, read it QUICK, it's probably juicy and will probably be gone within the hour.

26. Don't ask for advice about anything unless you're prepared to hear honest answers. And when you get honest answers, don't tell us all how mean we are.

27. If you value your life at all, please do not post TV show spoilers in your title or first post. Obsessed TV fans from around the country will descend on your town like rabid dogs and hunt you down. (Well, they would if they weren't so busy watching TV and surfing the internet. Most likely they'll just yell at you until you cry and have to find a new board to post on.)

28. The ignore button is your friend. The people you use it on are not.

29. Before you come to the board to tell us that you just read on TMZ that Britney is back in rehab, having her 14th child or shaving her head again, please check out the first three pages or so of recent posts. Chances are someone already beat you to it.

30. Snarkiness is an artform. Embrace it.

maestramommy
02-21-2009, 10:49 PM
:hysterical:

Coral
02-21-2009, 10:52 PM
hee hee... I love that. And it applies so well to so many boards.

MarisaSF
02-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Tee hee.
Thanks for posting, Kristen.

I immediately googled "Caraway." :D

Macy
02-21-2009, 10:57 PM
LOVE IT!!!:bighand:

JBaxter
02-21-2009, 11:07 PM
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

DrSally
02-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Funny!.......

SnuggleBuggles
02-21-2009, 11:39 PM
Awesome. :)

Beth

wellyes
02-21-2009, 11:45 PM
I immediately googled "Caraway."

LOL me too!!

amandabea
02-22-2009, 12:03 AM
why have i never heard of this "magic cream"? My DH would probably appreciate it if i used it on my legs

Neatfreak
02-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Thanks for posting - I needed a chuckle!

lizajane
02-22-2009, 12:07 AM
ha ha ha!! #22!!!

nov04
02-22-2009, 12:11 AM
very funny

elliput
02-22-2009, 02:04 AM
17. If you're coming to the board under a fake name to post mean things about people like a 12 year old, we realize that you think you're enormously cleaver. You're not, the rest of of think you're a moron. Move along now.

4. If you repeatedly misspell words we may laugh at you.

I have always wondered what it was like to be enormously cleaver. :ROTFLMAO:

ellies mom
02-22-2009, 02:10 AM
why have i never heard of this "magic cream"? My DH would probably appreciate it if i used it on my legs

Because you aren't a black man. ;) FWIW, it is in the "ethnic" section of the personal care aisles. But let me warn you it smells bad enough that your husband might prefer the hair.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
02-22-2009, 03:54 AM
few things make me laugh out loud like that. Thanks for posting.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

mommy111
02-22-2009, 12:55 PM
:ROTFLMAO: :hysterical:

Clarity
02-22-2009, 01:55 PM

:hysterical:

Jo..
02-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Feeling a strong urge to drop everything and run out to buy Caraway paint and Magic Cream.

MartiesMom2B
02-22-2009, 02:53 PM
LOL. Love it!

fivi2
02-22-2009, 03:10 PM
What is really sad is, my bathroom is Caraway... I had no idea I was so trendy :)

ThreeofUs
02-22-2009, 03:14 PM

Yes!! Yes!! I loved the sheer irony!

MontrealMum
02-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Feeling a strong urge to drop everything and run out to buy Caraway paint and Magic Cream.

Yes, me too! Thanks for the laugh on a cruddy weekend :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

kijip
02-22-2009, 04:10 PM
My whole freaking house inside was (and much of it still is) Caraway aka trendy builder's light brown. Gosh darn stupid builders. We have been meaning to get around to doing more painting for well over a year. It looks like a furniture catalog. Ugh.

Laurel
02-22-2009, 04:14 PM
My whole freaking house inside was (and much of it still is) Caraway aka trendy builder's light brown. Gosh darn stupid builders. We have been meaning to get around to doing more painting for well over a year. It looks like a furniture catalog. Ugh.

Oh phew, I thought I was the only one who didn't love Caraway!

tarabenet
02-22-2009, 05:20 PM
OMG! This needs to be a sticky note at the top of The Lounge! Priceless.

Now, rushing out to buy Caraway paint and Magic Cream. And having an urge, too, to purchase an enormous cleaver. Huh.

lizajane
02-22-2009, 05:25 PM

ha ha! i WISH my house looked like a furniture catalogue!! it looks like a dirt and dog fur catalogue around here!!!

kijip
02-22-2009, 05:34 PM
ha ha! i WISH my house looked like a furniture catalogue!! it looks like a dirt and dog fur catalogue around here!!!

I'll correct and say that it looks like a furniture catalog that someone has moved their funky antique chairs and array of furniture into and then had 2 kids. ;) Parts of it look nice and clean. Parts of it look like a family with a newborn lives here and they can mostly only be bothered to wash the diapers and do the dishes, LOL.

lizajane
02-22-2009, 05:35 PM
I'll correct and say that it looks like a furniture catalog that someone has moved their funky antique chairs and array of furniture into and then had 2 kids. ;) Parts of it look nice and clean. Parts of it look like a family with a newborn lives here and they can mostly only be bothered to wash the diapers and do the dishes, LOL.

we can't even be bothered to do the dishes most days! good thing we don't have any more diapers to wash...

SnuggleBuggles
02-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Ok, Caraway is one pretty color and I could care less if it is trendy. :) It would go quite nicely in my dining room.

Beth

kijip
02-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Oh phew, I thought I was the only one who didn't love Caraway!

I could write a book of sonnets on my dislike of the color on my walls. Biggest mistake I made moving was not taking the time to hire painters before we moved the furniture in, but closing got pushed back because they did not finish the floors as we needed and we had less overlap between when we could be getting this place ready while still sleeping at our old apartment.

MamaMolly
02-22-2009, 06:27 PM
DH just made me google Caraway. He said it is brown. Wants to know why folks just don't say brown. :ROTFLMAO:

kijip
02-22-2009, 06:42 PM
DH just made me google Caraway. He said it is brown. Wants to know why folks just don't say brown. :ROTFLMAO:

I say light brown builder's paint all the time, LOL. And Pottery Barn wannabe craptastic ick, among other names.

My apologies to lovers of brown/caraway/dark beige walls. Different strokes for different folks. Just not my style. And I live in it. Need to get on that. Really. Maybe by the time Finn is in school, cause "once T starts school" was my idea before and then I was pregnant and soooo not into painting or moving furniture out.

alexsmommy
02-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Ok, I only visit a few boards, and this is definitely is my most frequent time I should be using working or cleaning waster...
Yet I realized I must be more in tune with boards when I saw number 24 and thought...
(sorry for going here - seriously)
"Oh! So 'Flagger' is the 'Ramon' for some here."
...ducks...

And no, if you weren't around back then, it is not worth the backstory.

fortato
02-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Ok, I only visit a few boards, and this is definitely is my most frequent time I should be using working or cleaning waster...
Yet I realized I must be more in tune with boards when I saw number 24 and thought...
...ducks...

This is why I love you.

Flagger was the first name I thought of too.

MartiesMom2B
02-22-2009, 08:58 PM
This is why I love you.

Flagger . . .those were some good times

alexsmommy
02-22-2009, 09:15 PM
This is why I love you.

LOL.
I just love you b/c you are cool.

southern_kali_gurl
02-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh man...I miss the old Babycenter, especially the bargain board. Come for the bargains, stay for the drama! Caraway a very pretty green Behr paint color, I don't think it's brown. Maybe I'm colorblind!

DrSally
02-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Wrong thread...But I did look up the color Caraway!

lizajane
02-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Flagger . . .those were some good times

you totally stole my "good times, good times..." reply. i guess that is why we are friends. because that is exactly the first thing that came to my mind.

if only you were here to drink cosmos and watch oscars with me instead of me sittin' here waitin' for JWC to finish watching recorded cycling...

LexyLou
02-22-2009, 10:08 PM
ha, I painted the hallway in my old house caraway and my kitchen in this house. I don't think it's brown, more like a summer camp green. LOL.

GlindaGoodWitch
02-22-2009, 11:21 PM
That was hysterical.

I hear that Magic Cream will in fact remove all your hair - including those in your nose.

And I'm so sad to hear that I missed me some good drama. I KNEW I shoulda had that baby sooner!

Thanks for the giggles.

gatorsmom
02-23-2009, 12:59 AM
And having an urge, too, to purchase an enormous cleaver. Huh.

ROTFLMAO. Buy me a cleaver too, please while you are at it! :) :)

fortato
02-23-2009, 01:17 AM
...ducks...

That was hysterical.

I hear that Magic Cream will in fact remove all your hair - including those in your nose.

And I'm so sad to hear that I missed me some good drama. I KNEW I shoulda had that baby sooner!

Thanks for the giggles.

You "hear" that it removes all the hair...
You never did show us pictures after you corrected your Miss Clairol issues....

mommy111
02-23-2009, 02:18 AM
That was hysterical.

Thanks for the giggles.

Isn't that what the 'search' function is for? Unearthing some good past drama and all. Not that I did a search or anything, you know :)

kijip
02-23-2009, 02:29 AM
I don't think it's brown, more like a summer camp green. LOL.

I guess different shades have different names in different brand paints, but I'd bet it was brown because a friend that does kitchens for a living walked in and said "it's all Caraway" and I said "It's all builder's brown" and this went on till we looked on the spare cans of the stuff they left for us in the garage, LOL. Caraway=Burnt Sienna for a color name. I am of the "it's brown" "it's dark red" sort, unartistic me. I can rewrite this and add this to that book of sonnets I said I could write. :)

southern_kali_gurl
02-23-2009, 04:44 AM
ha, I painted the hallway in my old house caraway and my kitchen in this house. I don't think it's brown, more like a summer camp green. LOL.

Yeah! Glad I'm not colorblind!

GlindaGoodWitch
02-23-2009, 08:51 AM
You "hear" that it removes all the hair...
You never did show us pictures after you corrected your Miss Clairol issues....

Just waiting to laugh at the misfortune of others... a girl after my own heart. I will attempt a picture just for you. Hopefully later today. Although I have to tell you that the "true color" never came across in the first ones.

Aaaaaand the search function! Thank you Mommy111. (Not that I will use it of course...)