PDA

View Full Version : What was I thinking???

westgre
02-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Just back from taking all three kids to Disney On Ice by myself. Boy, that sounds a lot easier than it was. First, I had to park at the mall parking lot, walk through the mall, then to the Civic Center. With all three kids by myself. Once we got there, they were really pretty good until intermission when DS#1 decided to throw a huge temper tantrum on the floor, kicking and screaming. Then he refused to go back to our seats. I had no stroller, I was carrying the baby, DS#1 had his monkey harness on, and DD was walking. I'm just not strong enough to carry both boys for very long/far. Finally, I had to tell DD to hold DS#1's leash while I ran with the baby back to our seats to get our coats. When I got back to DD and DS#1, one of the workers was asking DD where her mom was. I swear I'm not a neglectful mommy, but I just could not carry an almost three year old, kicking and screaming, along with a 21 pound baby back to our seats while the show was already started again. On the way back to the car, more temper tantrum on the floor at the mall, refusing to walk. What in the h#@& was I thinking? I'm exhausted and actually my arms and legs feel weak. Again, what the heck was I thinking? Maybe some supermoms out there could do this with no problem, but clearly, I am no supermom. Just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening.

DietCokeLover
02-22-2009, 06:09 PM
I think you are a super mom for even trying! Bless your heart!

elektra
02-22-2009, 06:15 PM
You survived! Woohoo!
Last Monday (President's Day) I had the bright idea of taking DD to the kids museum nearby. Well, every other working parent who had the day off had the exact same idea. I knew it would be crowded but .......
Thank GOD I had my Dad with me. It was a bit of a comedy routine between him and me running zone defense with DD and my mom with Alzheimer's (and me being 6 mo pregnant) but thankfully we all made it out of there in one piece too.
:)

jgenie
02-22-2009, 08:49 PM
:hug5: Sorry you had a challenging time...

mommy111
02-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Just back from taking all three kids to Disney On Ice by myself.

:hug: to you. Right of the bat there, at that sentence, I have to say that you are a braver woman than I. I would never even have thought about attempting that

WatchingThemGrow
02-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Just back from taking all three kids to Disney On Ice by myself.

Yeah, no kidding, mommy111. I don't know if I'll ever get the courage to attempt leaving the confines of our house with all three. You better share when I ask for management tips. You clearly have ambition!

maestramommy
02-22-2009, 10:30 PM
:bowdown::bowdown: This is something along the lines of "Don't try this at home." I wouldn't go to such an event alone. You are supermom just for attempting it!

DrSally
02-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Ugh! That sounds like H@ll. Was it impossible to bring a stroller b/c of the seating? I can't imagine doing that plus all the other "stuff" you had to carry, I'm sure.

gatorsmom
02-23-2009, 01:40 AM
And you didn't break into tears at any time during your day? Yep, you are amazing.

The only way I'd attempt that (with 3 children the ages of yours) would be with a stroller that held at least 2 of them. and a stash of new, unopened Happy meal toys to bribe and distract them with. And lots of snacks.

Although YOU might not, I bet they look back at this experience as a great time!