PDA

View Full Version : DH funny

s_gosney
02-22-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm lol here and just had share with some people who would get it.

DH is out with both kids for the first time ever so that I can have some time alone to clean the house (sad when this is a luxury, but I digress). We are rearranging things and semi-deep cleaning because ds is very near to crawling.

Anyway, so I just got a phone call from him. He said "So how do you take both of them to the bathroom when you're at a restaurant with food on the table and dd's about to poop her pants?" When I say just go he wants to know how I hold ds and dd too. Um, I don't. But he's totally grossed out by public bathrooms and normally holds her so she doesn't touch the toilet seat. My answer: "that's what soap is for."

Hopefully this experience doesn't traumatize him so much he won't take them both out for years.

Surely my dh isn't the only one like this...

ellies mom
02-22-2009, 09:35 PM
No, your husband isn't. I try really hard not to laugh out loud right in his face when he tells me these stories.

lizajane
02-22-2009, 09:47 PM
well, honey, first you don't call me. you go to the potty. second, you take them to the potty when you arrive BEFORE you get the food!

ahrimie
02-23-2009, 02:10 AM
Seriously, men must think our jobs are just a walk in the park. After I had DD, my parents came to visit.. during their visit, I had a post partum appointment so my mom drove me and my dad watched my sleeping baby. 5 minutes into our drive, my dad calls all panicked and asked if it was okay if her arms came out of her swaddle. :)

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
02-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Only a man would pick up a phone to make a call with a child about to poop. Classic.

KrisM
02-23-2009, 09:20 AM
That's pretty funny!

DH has not taken the baby out yet on his own. He'll take the other 2, but not all 3. I need him to do that so I can clean, too. I'd love it!

Melaine
02-23-2009, 09:52 AM
I would drop to the floor in utter shock if DH took the girls anywhere. It is just such situations that he is totally unprepared to deal with. He has not EVER EVER taken one or both of them anywhere except one time when they were infants he drove them around town while I cleaned the house for like 45 minutes (which, by the way, was HEAVENLY).
I'm really ok with this, really, it's just I get a little annoyed when he does things like complain about the state of the car. Yesterday he informed me he took in my two really old cups of coffee from the cupholders. WOW THANKS YAY! Sorry that when I was herding two two year olds into the house, dodging the yapping dog and bringing in dozens of bags of groceries, I failed to remove my coffee cups (which we all know are ESSENTIAL to my being able to drive around at all). And yes there are CHEERIOS all over the car and various toys, blankets, and receipts strewn everywhere. Just be happy that we haven't had a wreck which is a miracle in itself with the whining and the fist fights in the back seat. Driving safely and semi-stresslessly to and from the destination is my main goal. the end.

hellokitty
02-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Lol, that's funny. My DH complained to me, "How do I use the bathroom when I have to watch both kids?" I looked at him like he had three heads and asked him if he thought I just held it all day while he was at work??? I told him, BRING THEM WITH YOU!!!!

malphy
02-23-2009, 07:47 PM
That is so funny! I don't know what dh would do. He probably won't take her out alone.

He takes her to his parents every so often so I can clean or just get a short break. They only live 5 minutes away and i always dress her accordingly. Nothing difficult to remove or put on.

Inevitably he comes home and I get a good laugh. One time he came home and her coat was inside out....it has a zipper (and somehow he zipped it). Once I got the coat off I saw her bodysuit hanging out of her leggings and her diaper was hanging by a thread.

Something is always amiss but , no harm no fowl. i know he won't attempt a real outing w/o me because of this and the whole potty thing. lol