PDA

View Full Version : Pad for Ikea HENSVIK changing table?

goshinkansen
02-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Anyone have the Hensvik cabinet with table extension? What changing pad are you using??

We got this one b/c we liked the idea that it would become a regular ole cabinet when we no longer need a changing table. You can see a photo on the British Ikea site, but we got ours in the US: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S29828090

We didn't even look around for a changing pad at Ikea, figuring we'd pick one up at our local baby story or online. But it turns out that the changing table is smaller than most of the pads I've been able to find. It's only 28" long, and the "mini" size pads seem to be 30." We found one at Buy Buy Baby that was 27" long, but it was so narrow, we were hesitant to get it.

Thanks for the advice!

Bess
03-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi. We had a similar problem with Ikea's Leksvik changing table extension. We solved it with some foam from the craft store (look for sales and coupons - I think I only paid a couple bucks for our length of foam at Joann's). The foam is a firm density and maybe 1/2" thick. Ours is green, if that helps you know what to look for, and is found on rolls in the back of the store.

I cut it down to fit inside the Leksvik top. We've got a large waterproof "lap pad" type cloth tucked neatly over it, with a receiving blanket over that. At some point I'll sew the waterproof pad into a proper zip-off cover but it works surprisingly well for now. We actually prefer receiving blankets to changing pad covers as a top layer since the blankets are cheap and easy to wash.

Hope that helps!

LMPC
03-15-2009, 07:07 PM
We too had the same issue with the shorter IKEA changing table. I wish I would have thought of the foam from the craft store idea! We bought the inflatable mat that IKEA sells. It wasn't expensive and works better than I imagined it would. They sell a couple of uninspired covers (white with blue or red heart). They have held up very well after washing numerous times. I'm happy with the route that we took.

newg
03-15-2009, 08:43 PM
I don't know if it's the right size, but I bought the ikea blow-up changing pad to keep at my moms house. I remember seeing it on many of the changing tables in the store, so I would think it will fit! It's very padded and has nice raised sides too.

srhs
03-15-2009, 09:06 PM
We have the Leksvik table and ordered the 32" (not 34) contour pad made by Moonlight Slumber (happily ordered through BabyandMeBoutique.com). It was listed for more on their site, and I emailed them asking them to match MS's advertised MSRP (since BabyandMe has free ship :)). They happily agreed.
It fits well lengthwise and leaves a good chunk of space between it and the wall for dipes, wipes, etc.

LittleOnion
03-23-2009, 03:30 PM
I have this and I love it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BROSOK/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=:)