PDA

View Full Version : Ebay selling question

Tracey
02-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I have a buyer who says she wants a refund because the dress isn't what she expected. The dress is fine...it probably didn't fit or buyer's remorse. Do I HAVE to giver her a refund. I stated no refunds in the auction. This is all getting to be more trouble that it is worth. I don't care about feedback at this point. This is the last season I'm going through this. People want the Hope Diamond for 19.99 and then want to complain about it.

MMMommy
02-22-2009, 10:54 PM
I would ask her for an email explaining exactly why it wasn't what she expected. I can understand giving her a refund if there was some misrepresentation or error in your Ebay listing description, but if she simply has buyer's remorse then she doesn't deserve a refund. Or if it doesn't fit, I don't see why she would get a refund - unless the size description is not accurate (i.e. you gave measurements for the size and it isn't actually those measurements). If she can't provide a good explanation or reason as to why the product wasn't what she expected, then I say no refund. Also, if you don't intend to sell on Ebay anymore, then the potential negative feedback she may give you probably wouldn't matter. But it seems ridiculous to me that she should be asking for a refund without good reason. Also, I would point out to her that your listing clearly said "no refunds."

That really is annoying. I can't stand Ebay anymore. The seller's fees are so high that it just isn't worth the hassle to sell anymore. I used to sell on Ebay, and now I just do Craig's List.