PDA

View Full Version : cribs for taller parents

mags507
02-22-2009, 11:23 PM
My hubby is very tall and has a bad back. All the cribs we have seen while shopping seem to be short and we are afraid all the leaning over will worsen his back. And it is just uncomfortable for him.

Anyone have any suggestions on where we can look for taller cribs? Convertible vs. non-convertible crib -- neither is a priority for us. Just want it to be taller than the average crib. Thanks.

zag95
02-23-2009, 01:25 AM
As a woman almost 6 ft tall, I can relate to this a bit! One thing to keep in mind is that when you have the newborn in the crib, the mattress will be up high, and then lowered as the little darling gets older and starts to pull up. You may want to weigh if you want a crib with a fixed rail or something that you pull up and down (as many of the cribs are)

We bought a crib that has 2 "levels" or positions- some have more- so you might consider that.

Our crib was a Pali Denise- it had a storage drawer underneath and was a little less heavy visually- and a traditional looking crib. Ours does not convert to a bed- and we didn't really feel the need to get one- as we will probably move DD to a bed when the next child comes or sooner if needed.

Good luck!

crismft
03-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi there-
I also have a bad back and am desperately trying to find a taller height crib. Mags - did you have any luck? Any ideas?

Many thanks!

C99
03-24-2009, 11:48 PM
My DH is 6'6" and has never had a problem getting little ones out of either of our cribs -- the taller Sorelle Toscana and the shorter IKEA SNIGLAR.