PDA

View Full Version : FEEDBACK NEEDED: Young America - Four Seasons Standard Crib

creativelightbulb
02-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Ok parents...I'm planning for our first baby...thus far I've been very practical and
thrifty with my selections...BUT I've fallen in love with this crib and have been debating over splurging...if anyone has experience with this manufacturing company and/or this specific crib - even where to purchase for less - I'd greatly appreciate the feedback...gracias

~kd

http://images.netshops.com/mgen/digimarc.ms?img=master:STAN144.jpg&h=368&w=368

Young America - Four Seasons Standard Crib

$799.00 at cribs.com

* Constructed of select hardwood maple solids and veneers
* Choice of lasting lightly distressed finishes to complement any setting
* Spring frame assembly with 3 height adjustments
* 1 drop-side locks into place for maximum security
* 4 locking wheels for easy mobility
* 1 drawer for storage
* JPMA-certified, adheres to CPSC and ASTM standards
* Child-safe finish meets all federal safety guidelines for lead content
* Optional 4- or 7-drawer dresser with changing station
* Crib measures 56L x 33W x 53H inches

Options Available
Finish: Choose from 4 Finish options
Components: Choose from 3 Components options

Characterized by natural simplicity and elegance, the 4 Seasons Standard Crib by Young America recreates traditional Louis Philippe style for today's homes. It boasts a progressive, transitional personality that works as the perfect foundation for any style of bedroom or nursery. Finished in a choice of kid-safe, lead-free tones, this crib is constructed from select hardwood maple solids and veneers for years of use. The finishes highlight the unique characteristics of the wood - the grain patterns, knots, color variations, and slight imperfections - while accenting the clean lines of the crib.

A combination of classic elegance and lasting enjoyment, this crib features a spring frame assembly with three height adjustments. The drop-side locks into place for maximum security, while four locking wheels let you move the crib easily. The optional four- or seven-drawer dresser with changing station provides additional storage and convenience. The 4 Seasons Standard Crib's timeless design and impeccable craftsmanship creates value, ensuring that it looks brand-new, even after years of use.

Additional information:

* Hidden hardware
* Assembly required
* Optional 4-drawer dresser measures 45W x 18.9D x 34H inches
* Optional 7-drawer dresser measures 56W x 18D x 33H inches
* Optional changing table measures 52L x 18.5W x 5H inches

Safety:
Young America cribs are certified by Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association, Inc. (JPMA) and adheres to all safety guidelines outlined by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) and The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). All finishes are in compliance with Federal Regulation 16CFR1303 for lead content and have been certified as such by Intertek, an independent testing laboratory recognized by both the American Society for Testing and Materials and the Consumer Products Safety Commission. So you can be confident that with every piece of Young America furniture, you're buying the safest of products on the market today.

The Young America Story
Designed for consumers looking for sophisticated style, innovative flexibility, and lasting quality, Young America is Stanley Furniture Company's premier brand of youth furniture. A company with over 80 years of design excellence, Young America created Built To Grow™ based on the idea that well-made furniture could not only last for many years, but it could also be fully functional through every stage of childhood, from crib to college, and beyond. As part of Stanley Furniture, Young America shares in a company mission to provide functional youth furniture at an affordable price and support it with an uncompromising commitment to safety, quality, and service.

stinkyfeet
02-23-2009, 06:50 PM
I have the Stanley Young America Sleigh Convertable Crib and love it! I haven't put it to use yet since I am still pregnant. I also have 2 dressers that match the crib. All 3 pieces seem to be made well. All of the items arrived at my house within the estimated time frame. I ordered my furniture from Buy Buy Baby and got an additional 10% off all three items for mentioning their coupon. The price at Buy Buy Baby was cheaper than the independent baby furniture store where I originally saw the furniture set.

I remember reading a post where someone got their Stanley Young America furniture from Furniture Land South (??) in North Carolina for significant savings.

WatchingThemGrow
02-23-2009, 07:04 PM
And that would be me....we have 2 rooms of their stuff (thanks ILs!!) and have the cribs that look like this http://www.youngamerica.com/product/135408/3531400215/_/2nd%26%23160%3Bnature%3Cbr%3Ecrib%3Cbr%3Elight_woo dtone but we have one in white (new to us) and one in the darker serenity (four season) finish (from CL). We like them a lot, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again, although the retail prices seem outrageous compared to what we paid. I know ours was in the $300+ range, with delivery because it seemed like there were cribs from Target that would be almost as much with delivery charges.

other pieces we have in each room: 7 drawer dresser (use changing table topper), bookcase, nightstand DD also has the full slat bed with trundle, the wardrobe, and the arched top mirror. DS and future DS2 will likely get the twin over full bunks or the Louis Philippe panel beds depending on our housing at that stage.

The company has been FABULOUS with anything that needed tweaking - like stripes in the wood on one piece or a drawer with a hairline crack.

creativelightbulb
02-24-2009, 11:43 AM
thanks so much for the feedback....

I'm in Maryland so North Carolina is definitely a feasible shopping trip...

I already have an Alexander Julian (by International Furniture - I think) dresser, nightstand and chest of drawers that I think this crib will match perfectly...

I'm so excited to have found this...and the prospect of getting it cheaper than $800 is GREAT!!

Nechums
02-24-2009, 02:59 PM
We have their sleigh convertible crib in natural (I think its called Second Nature) and love it. The quality is excellent, but I agree that it's a bit pricey. We ended up buying from a local retailer in Brooklyn and spent a lot less than the Buy Buy Baby price tag (even with coupon). I believe that they deliver to MD, but I'm not 100% sure. You can give them a call to find out -- Katz in the Cradle, 718-258-1990.

berryberrykix
02-24-2009, 04:21 PM
We ordered this crib from Baby 2 Teen in Manassas, VA. It was $579. At the time, the store was running a 20% off special if you bought three pieces in the collection (or Stanley generally? I'm not sure). If you pick it up, you pay VA sales tax but not the delivery fee (which was between $100 and $150 to Bethesda if I remember correctly).

WatchingThemGrow
02-24-2009, 04:24 PM
check with Furniturelandsouth.com - you go through a salesperson and just get a quote to see. They deliver all over the country as High Point is the furniture capital of the US.

berryberrykix
02-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Also, you might want to know that this crib is not a dropside, although the listing of features above says it is. (This was one of the reasons we liked it, but you might be looking for a dropside.) The Young Stanley website lists it under "stationary side cribs." http://www.youngamerica.com/products/135414