PDA

View Full Version : How are your GS cookies?

WatchingThemGrow
02-23-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm almost done with the first sleeve of Thin Mints. Just as perfect as they were when I was 6 and sold them myself. When did they start putting them in a foil sleeve? Did I miss something?

Cautiously, I only bought 8 boxes, and 4 of those are a gift for a friend who let us use her vacation home while we got some interior painting done. I got 2 Thin Mints, 1 Caramel Delight and 1 Lemonade (http://www.girlscoutcookies.org/meet_cookies.asp) this year.

OK, the first sleeve is empty. Yum.

What did you order? Do you like them?

g-mama
02-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Yes, I liked them. So much so that now they are gone. I think the problem is that they don't put enough in each box, LOL.

We got Thin Mints (ours were in a plastic sleeve, not foil) and Tagalongs and Lemon Chalets.

I want more!

kransden
02-23-2009, 05:16 PM
We have the lemon cremes as opposed to the lemonades. The cremes are really good! We also tried the Dulce de Leches. Too sweet for me, but they would be wonderful for coffee. Hmm... maybe I should go test my theory :).

kransden
02-23-2009, 05:19 PM
I think the ABC Bakers use the foil and the Little Brownie Bakers use plastic sleeves on the thin mints. ABC makes lemonades and LBB make the lemon cremes.

amandabea
02-23-2009, 05:35 PM
how depressing that I don't know any GS! I have no cookies this year. I'm going to have to scout them out in front of the grocery stores.

3blackcats
02-23-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm almost done with the first sleeve of Thin Mints.

:yeahthat: And I don't even feel bad because at this point in my pregnancy I don't really want to eat anything anymore.

thomma
02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Ummm...mine are gone. In my defense, I got them almost 3 weeks ago. :) I can't just eat a few Thin Mints. It's the whole sleeve or nothing.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

DebbieJ
02-23-2009, 08:46 PM
I ate the whole box of Peanut Butter Patties all by myself. DH didn't even know they existed.

jgenie
02-23-2009, 09:00 PM
how depressing that I don't know any GS! I have no cookies this year. I'm going to have to scout them out in front of the grocery stores.

:yeahthat: I'm hoping to find some at the mall. Ok, so which areas of the country get the lemon cremes. I'm going to have to track someone down that can mail me some!! :)

ellies mom
02-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Well, other than the fact that the Thin Mint box is way smaller this year. I'm loving them. We bought 3 boxes of thin mints, 3 boxes of Samoas and 2 boxes of tre-foils. I may have to hunt down a troop at the grocery store though so I can get a box of tag-a-logs (sp?)/

missym
02-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Although I'm a die-hard GS cookie fan, I will admit to liking the Edy's GS Cookie ice cream as much as the cookies themselves. The Thin Mint variety is sooo yummy. :thumbsup:

gatorsmom
02-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Hmm, that reminds me, I haven't received mine yet. I was hungry when the GS came to the door and ordered 11 boxes. i like the Thin Mints and Samoas. I can't remember what DH ordered.

WatchingThemGrow
02-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Well, other than the fact that the Thin Mint box is way smaller this year.

What? That might explain how it was gone in record time. Please give details...

gobadgers
02-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Well, other than the fact that the Thin Mint box is way smaller this year. (sp?)/

OK, I'm glad it wasn't just my imagination.

DrSally
02-23-2009, 11:22 PM
OK, I'm glad it wasn't just my imagination.

Oh no! I haven't gotten mine yet. Thin mints and samoas. I hope they're from the ABC bakery, then DS can have the thin mints too.

vonfirmath
02-24-2009, 10:38 AM
I couldn't find any Tagalongs this year. But yes, the boxes are tiny. I decided I didn't need Thin Mints that badly.

caleymama
02-24-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm SO looking forward to mine - our sale dates are during March. DD will be selling them for the first time this year and she gets her paperwork on Friday! :D

ETA: Just checked and she WILL be selling Lemon Chalet Cremes. YUM!

LarsMal
02-24-2009, 11:52 AM
I should never have clicked on this thread! This is the second year we didn't get any GS at our doorstep. Didn't they get the memo that the pregnant lady with the crazy sugar cravings lived here?!?!

Now I need to go scope out the grocery stores and buy some out front. Haven't seen those girls yet either. It's a conspiracy- someone does not want me to get my hands on Thin Mints and Samoas!!!

LarsMal
02-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Although I'm a die-hard GS cookie fan, I will admit to liking the Edy's GS Cookie ice cream as much as the cookies themselves. The Thin Mint variety is sooo yummy. :thumbsup:

Oooohhhh...yeah! SO GOOD! The Samoa one is good, too. I think I might like that one better than the thin mint. Might have to go buy one of each just to sample and to remember which one I liked better!!!

caleymama
02-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Might have to go buy one of each just to sample and to remember which one I liked better!!!

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. . . :ROTFLMAO:

egoldber
02-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Now I need to go scope out the grocery stores and buy some out front.

FYI, cookie booth sales start in March. :)

kijip
02-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Have not seen a single box yet. I think the sale is at different times in different regions? Or else the gs I saw here last year have retired, LOL.

LarsMal
02-24-2009, 01:22 PM

Yay! So glad February is a short month! (I knew I was crossing the days off the calendar for a reason) ;)

brittone2
02-24-2009, 01:43 PM

I saw some GS selling at the grocery store and at Border's here a few days ago (we're in NC). Not sure if it is a regional variation or if they are jumping the gun here in NC ;)

Corie
02-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Well, since my daughter is a Brownie and this was her 1st year to
sell cookies, I ordered 10 boxes of cookies. :)

Then, my Dad ordered 10 boxes of cookies and he doesn't want them
because he is on a diet. So that is another ten more boxes of cookies.

We haven't received our boxes yet. I think we'll pick them up at
our next meeting.

Then, my DD and I get to walk around our neighborhood and deliver
179 boxes of cookies.

egoldber
02-24-2009, 03:20 PM
I saw some GS selling at the grocery store and at Border's here a few days ago (we're in NC). Not sure if it is a regional variation or if they are jumping the gun here in NC

Ah, it probably is a regional thing. Our council starts booth sales in March. I didn't think, but it makes sense, that different councils might have different booth sale periods. :)

Corie, I picked up the cookies for our troop in my minivan a couple weekends ago. It filled my Grand Caravan practically floor to ceiling. It was pretty amazing! Our council had an incredible system for cookie pick-up. You drove in a line from semi to semi, where each semi was a different type of cookie.

Corie
02-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Corie, I picked up the cookies for our troop in my minivan a couple weekends ago. It filled my Grand Caravan practically floor to ceiling. It was pretty amazing! Our council had an incredible system for cookie pick-up. You drove in a line from semi to semi, where each semi was a different type of cookie.

WOW! I'm impressed! :)

Are you the cookie mom?

egoldber
02-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Are you the cookie mom?

Noooooooooooooo. I just volunteered to pick up cookies. Although it really didn't seem that bad to be cookie mom. Maybe next year.

KpbS
02-24-2009, 04:36 PM
I bought some Tagalongs this past weekend at Kroger. Actually I sent DH--I was going to resist but caved. They were only $3.50 a box.

And I must quit clicking on this thread--it is destroying my will power for 1 cookie a day!

WatchingThemGrow
02-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Yeah, our library had cookies for sale on the front porch several weeks ago.

Not sure how anyone could pass on the Thin Mints just because the box got smaller. Not me...

Off to open up the Samoas (aka caramel delights???). Just call them Samoas, girls...

tylersmama
02-24-2009, 06:56 PM
You want to know what's bad? Buying girl scout cookies (and half-off valentine's candy) on the way home from spin class. :bag

The girl scouts are out in front of the grocery stores here right now. I tried to be semi-restrained...only 3 boxes. I got a box of peanut butter sandwiches, lemon chalet cremes, and dulce de leches. The first box (the dulce de leches) is almost gone, although DS has helped a little!

alexsmommy
02-24-2009, 09:23 PM

Mmm, well there were some girl scouts out in front of our grocery store this week. I felt bad not buying any b/c it was COLD and I've heard sales are way down, but I already have a bunch on order from neighibors/friends. I feel no guilt because they freeze great and I am quite the hero when I pull out thin-mints as dessert for dinner guests in August.

Corie
02-24-2009, 10:35 PM
I spoke too soon!!

My friend dropped off our 179 boxes late this afternoon. My DD
and I started sorting & eating.

And I made room in the pantry for our 20 boxes. :)