PDA

View Full Version : Stroller dilemma

Mommy Of A Little Angel
02-23-2009, 08:09 PM
DD1 will be 3 when DD2 makes her appearance. DD1 hates the stroller now and pretty much has since birth. She is our "free-range" child! ;) We have a Techno XT and a Volo as of right now. We had a Valco Rebel which I sold because it wasn't getting the use it deserved! So, should I just stick with what I have for DD2 or am I am going to kick myself for not getting a double stroller? I am just not sure how DD1 will react to the baby in the stroller (ie want to get in too!)

Any suggestions?

GraceH
02-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Hmmm, I would lean toward 'no' for a traditional double, but perhaps consider a sit & stand she's of the 'I want to ride, now I don't want to ride, don't strap me in like a baby' mentality -- does she try to ride on the ends of shopping carts?

Mommy Of A Little Angel
02-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Yes she definitely loves hanging on the end of the cart. The only thing I worry about the sit 'n stand is she won't like being in the back. Can they generally see over the baby in front or would she be stuck looking at me?

WatchingThemGrow
02-23-2009, 08:24 PM
My 1st and 3rd are going to be the same ages as yours. If your older one will be in school and you don't do much long outdoor walking, you can probably make do. If your family goes somewhere, you can just take two singles or if DH isn't with you, she can walk/hold on. My DD, however, wants to kick DS out of the stroller and ride herself, so I have to have additional seating.

The good thing is...you can get a double shipped to you within a few days if you decide you do need one.

I wouldn't do the sit and stand thing myself just because of the handling. Maybe a P3, but not those awkward things...

bubbaray
02-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Try a P3. It is the only double I use now. DD#1 was close to 3 when I got mine and, really, its the double she prefers.

Clarity
02-23-2009, 10:55 PM
In a similar situation so was lurking on the thread but I'm confused, I thought the P3 was a single. I couldn't find it right off so thought I'd ask.

bubbaray
02-23-2009, 10:56 PM
The P3 is a single, but it has a toddler step for the older child to stand on.

Clarity
02-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That explains it. Thanks!

AnnieW625
02-24-2009, 02:54 PM
We opted to buy an Uppa Baby Vista because it would take a buggy board. I knew our Mac Triumph would take a buggy board, but I thought it would better to get a heavier stroller that took a board over using a board on such a light weight stroller that has tendency to tip. You might try a buggy board on your Techno though because it's a tad heavier than the 13lb Triumph. Our DD still likes the stroller though so I didn't mind buying a nicer single for her to use now, and for the baby to use later.

We will buy a double jogger, but that's it. No double regular stroller for us:)

borntorun09
02-24-2009, 04:08 PM
I loved having the P3 when my first 2 were little. DS was almost 3 when DD was born and I didn't want to buy a true double stroller. He loved riding on the footboard and I was still able to get around easily with a single stroller. I can't recommend it enough! Plus, if I had to, I could put DD in the bjorn or sling and DS could ride if he wanted to!

lmariana
02-24-2009, 04:31 PM
Personally, I'd stick with what you have for now! My DS1 was only 2 yrs when DS2 arrived, and we rarely every used a double stroller. I had a Phil and Ted's stroller that was perfect, because the seat was removable. I ended up selling it though, because I just didn't use the doubles feature enough, and bought a MBUD for long outtings and just has DS1 walk for short outings.

If you eventually see the need for two seats, you can get a double stroller quickly and easily...but why spend the money if you don't even know you'll use it? Just my 2 cents!

(PS- I have DS#3 arriving soon and DS#2 will also be 3 yrs old. I have no intentions of using a double stroller this time around, except for long outtings. DS2 never liked riding in strollers either!)

WatchingThemGrow
02-24-2009, 04:55 PM
ok, one more thought...if you plan on having another baby after this one and it may be closer together than these two, you'll be glad you were able to use it when you need it now AND then. Does that make any sense? I didn't really know we'd have another so soon, but I'm glad I already have something that we love and can use it again for #2 and #3 - or #1 and #3 or whatever combination will use it...