PDA

View Full Version : Advice on selling strollers...Peg, MD single, Valco Double

first_timer
02-24-2009, 12:40 PM
I want to buy a new P&T sport with doubles kit, but first I need to sell some of the 5 other strollers we already own. I plan to try Craig's list, but I don't know how much to ask. ANy advice would be appreciated.

1. 2004 Peg Perego Venezia in pretty good shape, with a Graco Snugride adaptor that I'd be willing to give away at no extra charge.

2. 2006 Mountain Buggy Urban Single in good condtion, with a few scratches on the front metal where the logo is. I also have the Graco adaptor for this.

3. 2005 Valco Twin Runabout in good condition. I got this from my friend last summer, stripped it down, and bought all new parts for it, new seat fabric, hood frame and fabric, basket underneath and bumper bar cover. The only 2 problems are there is a small hole in the little peek a boo window in one of the sunshades (it's mesh and might be able to be repaired), and the tires are kind of bald. Also replaceable.

What do you think?
Thanks!

Melaine
02-24-2009, 01:35 PM
one idea is you can google "craigslist" with the name of the stroller and year....you will probably find someone else selling a similar stroller and see what they are asking.

first_timer
02-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Thank you. Off to try that right now....

first_timer
02-25-2009, 12:02 PM
I want to buy a new P&T sport with doubles kit, but first I need to sell some of the 5 other strollers we already own. I plan to try Craig's list, but I don't know how much to ask. ANy advice would be appreciated.

1. 2004 Peg Perego Venezia in pretty good shape, with a Graco Snugride adaptor that I'd be willing to give away at no extra charge.

2. 2006 Mountain Buggy Urban Single in good condtion, with a few scratches on the front metal where the logo is. I also have the Graco adaptor for this.

3. 2005 Valco Twin Runabout in good condition. I got this from my friend last summer, stripped it down, and bought all new parts for it, new seat fabric, hood frame and fabric, basket underneath and bumper bar cover. The only 2 problems are there is a small hole in the little peek a boo window in one of the sunshades (it's mesh and might be able to be repaired), and the tires are kind of bald. Also replaceable.

What do you think?
Thanks!

Here are the prices I came up with, what do you think?
Peg-$85
MBUS- $150
Valco-$150

Thanks!

bjessen
02-25-2009, 06:11 PM
I think those are good prices. I've had great success in the past with ebay and craigslist.

What color is the 2006 MBUS? Any chance you are in CA? If not, how much to ship do you think (if you were willing to...)?

first_timer
02-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Thank you for the opinion.

No, sorry, I'm in NJ. I've never sold or shipped anything, so I really have no idea how much it would be. Have you ever shipped anything that large?

ETA-It's black.

bjessen
02-25-2009, 08:06 PM
I have shipped a PP Venezia before...the trouble was finding a box to fit it and padding it adequately. Ditto for the Combi, and that was much smaller. Our Kelty I sold through "I Sold it on Ebay" since I didn't have the time to do it myself. I found Fedex Ground was actually way cheaper than UPS or USPS for larger items. The difference once for a large item I was selling (might've been the PP) was around $100....definitely worth comparing the three.

In the NJ area you'll probably have an easy time finding someone locally. I grew up in the DC/MD area....lot of people will drive a couple hours too to find a deal on the right item.

If you find an adequate box and want to give shipping a whirl, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, good luck...I'm sure it will sell quickly.

mominkc
02-26-2009, 07:11 AM
I have sold my strollers both at www.craigslist.com and www.swapbabygoods.com . People always try to negotiate a deal at craigslist, I always price $10-20 more than I plan on selling it for. Goodluck!